Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thought it was pretty gutless by Emery starting 3 defensive minded mids. Also thought our lack of intent after getting the equaliser was bitterly disappointing.
Yeah this game was just begging for us to go for it but I think he's just played it too negative again, ozil not even an option from the bench was a bit of a head scratcher as well, tierney not in the squad either.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Torriera playing the most advanced of our mids tells you everything you need to know. The sooner we sack this campaigner the better.
I think that was more to do with torriera man marking pogba tbf

Wish xhaka wasn't announced as captain, he really should be a rotation/squad player imo

1 win in our last 5, goal difference of 1, and we're still in the top 4. The bar's not exactly high at the moment.
I’d love to see if Xhaka plays differently under a more progressive and positive manager. Would be very interesting to see.
I remember Wenger trying him as more of a 10 at some point (probably a cup or EL match) and he didn't look terrible. I don't think he's got the mobility and/or close control required though. He played pretty deep for Switzerland in a midfield that wasn't exactly the most attacking at the world cup, although I don't know what they do with him normally.

The people have spoken, Emery's officially more unpopular that Ozil. He absolutely deserves to be sacked for his ******* moronic faith in his Mourinho at United lite midfield setup though. At least Jose had Pogba when they weren't feuding.

In all seriousness though it’s a valid question. He’s made one appearance so far. On £350k a week, with very little output to justify that. Emery doesn’t rate him and we can’t sell Ozil on those obscene wages, so this s**t just keeps dragging on.

I’d love to see if Xhaka plays differently under a more progressive and positive manager. Would be very interesting to see.
I honestly just don't think xhaka is suited for the premier league, I think that's the problem, he's too slow, thinking, running, passing, everything is just too slow, needs time and space on the ball to think and the game to go at a slower pace for him to be decent, which he won't get in the epl

I honestly just don't think xhaka is suited for the premier league, I think that's the problem, he's too slow, thinking, running, passing, everything is just too slow, needs time and space on the ball to think and the game to go at a slower pace for him to be decent, which he won't get in the epl
You’re probably right but I’d still just like to see if he’ll switch the play more etc because we have our wing backs higher up the ground and more incisive infield runs being made from our wingers.

Gnabry was injury riddled at Arsenal, with very little end product to show for his potential. And question marks over his attitude. His price was about as good as you’d get in the circumstances.

Happy to see him sort his issues out and do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back