Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish I hadn't read anything linking us to Carvalho. Now it means he'll be my transfer white whale until the period ends. This years Benzema.

And please, don't let me read anything linking us to Benzema.

Quite refreshing to hear those comments from Wenger, is usually very low key and downplays a lot of things when it comes to transfers. Interestingly, it sounds like no more forwards are in the mix and he's happy with perhaps Sanchez/Walcott/Campbell as back up to Giroud.

Carvalho seems quite pricey when Bender would be a comparable cost. But Carvalho seems to be available at least, along with Schneiderlin, whilst Leverkusen have repeatedly stated they have no intentions of selling Bender.

Spurs seem keen on Scneiderlin as well.

Also, not sure how accurate this article is, but it states Khedira is currently on 50k a week at Madrid. Surely would be higher than that.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/390418/Arsenal-turn-attention-to-37m-William-Carvalho-bid-as-Khedira-talks-stall

No way in the world he would be on 50k, that's only 2.5m a season BEFORE tax.

Maybe 50k after tax, that would put him on around 110-120k currently (54% tax rate in Spain)

105k is supposed what he wants in England after 45% tax.

Saw reports of Jenks being loaned to West Ham on twitter this morning.

Think its a good move, Wenger sees him as a future first choice, needs to be playing more often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?

He's been good when he plays. It's not his fault Sagna hardly misses a game.
Nothing against Jenkinson, but no doubt Debuchy will be our first choice this season. I'd rather have a cheap Monreal style back up with Jenkinson playing 35 games somewhere else in the league. Bring him back next season to fight with Debuchy for first XI spot, don't think he is ready just yet.

Nothing against Jenkinson, but no doubt Debuchy will be our first choice this season. I'd rather have a cheap Monreal style back up with Jenkinson playing 35 games somewhere else in the league. Bring him back next season to fight with Debuchy for first XI spot, don't think he is ready just yet.

That's why I think Wenger moved for Debuchy as opposed to Aurier, who is much younger than Debuchy. Wenger is a massive fan of Jenko and would see him as our long term RB. Buying a younger RB like Aurier would've put him in direct competition with Jenko for the next few seasons, but hopefully a loan option is arranged for Jenko to continue to be groomed for the role in a few years time.

Jenkinson will never be good enough for Arsenal.

What time does the NY Red Bulls game start?
7am Sunday morning I think? Says kickoff 5pm Saturday NY time, according to my computer clock we are 14 hours ahead of them

Reading that Wilshere may be used as a holding midfielder rather than buying someone new. If he continues lunging into tackles like he does he'll probably last about 45 minutes into the season.

Reading that Wilshere may be used as a holding midfielder rather than buying someone new. If he continues lunging into tackles like he does he'll probably last about 45 minutes into the season.

* no!

Everytime he played alongside Ramsey we leaked goals. It just doesn't work.

Ramsey/Jack was our worst CM combination last season.

Still wondering where Wilshere's best position is. Some say it's in the number 10 position. Either way, he's got a few ahead of him in the pecking order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back