Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep I read that earlier today as well. Scored in his last 3 games. And has a point to prove, you just know he'll cause us some trouble tomorrow.
Why he was not re-signed and sent out on loan after his injury was silly. Especially when we Sanogo was kept over him.

Remember his hat-trick against Newcastle in December 2012? Stellar performance, that was, world class in fact - in the midst of his contract-on-hold saga.

As you say glen, the contrast between good/bad performances with Theo is frustratingly bad. One thing worth noting is his status on the wage bill. Walcott is up there with Ozil and Alexis on 140k p/w (before tax). Wenger being the notoriously frugal man he is post-Highbury wouldn't be instructing Gazidis and co. to negotiate such a substantial offer for Theo if he was anywhere but in our first Xl plans for years to come.

It's amazing that Theo negotiated his way to £140k. Good on him for being able to secure that, but I'm surprised the club agreed to it this time.

His earlier contract, in the midst of the Newcastle hattrick, I can understand. There was more going on at that time than just re-signing Theo Walcott. At that point, we needed to send a message that we're not in fact a 'selling' club after the likes of RvP, Nasri, Cesc etc were sold.

In that respect, that contract renewal came at a favourable time for Theo. But the latest one, that's a different story.

One of Ox, Walcott, Wilshere or Welbeck should be sold this summer. But very unlikely to happen.

Why he was not re-signed and sent out on loan after his injury was silly. Especially when we Sanogo was kept over him.

Bizarre move. Considering the amount of chances afforded to Sanogo at the time, who hasn't really done anything of note.

Now he finds himself at Charlton. Maybe they can do to him what they did for Coq.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Afobe has a buy-back clause in his Bournemouth contract? :drunk:

Re tonight, the more points City drop from now-May the better. They're still our biggest title challengers, I'm not fully convinced Leicester can win it yet; would expect and love them to finish top 4 though.

Agreed. City then Spurs are the worry right now.

That will change if Leicester get a result tonight and City don't beat Spurs next week.

There's still 12 games to play after this round, regardless of the City v City result. Long long way to go.

We're losing touch. But not our of contention (yet).

Scoring a goal anytime soon would be ideal though to get back on track.

I'm staying up to watch it, that's how urgent the situation is - I can deal with being exhausted tomorrow.

A must-win, tis. Not the glamorous kind of fixture the likes of Cazorla/Ozil/Sanchez would've expected to become accustomed to when signing for Arsenal. Hopefully the players take a completely no-nonsense approach to the full 90 and come away with the 3 points.

Anyone else worried about Afobe?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back