uTorrent to make Users pay

Remove this Banner Ad

It's fair enough I guess, right now they're seen as a gateway to piracy, making it a subscription service attempts to legitimise torrent (and there ARE legit uses).

It's fair enough I guess, right now they're seen as a gateway to piracy, making it a subscription service attempts to legitimise torrent (and there ARE legit uses).

So they are trying to make it like iTunes with Torrents?

Who in their right mind uses uTorrent beyond 2.2.1?

There's a lot of good FOSS torrent clients out there these days anyway.

I don’t because Private Trackers say not to use anything Higher so I kept it. Think I keep it too.

Also I think the MAC Version is like 2.2.1 Version as well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely bizarre for two reasons:

1. uTorrent thinks that its product is so much better than its competitors that people will pay to use it.
2. uTorrent thinks that their users who primarily use their software to avoid paying for software (or media) are going to fork out cash for software.

Absolutely bizarre for two reasons:

1. uTorrent thinks that its product is so much better than its competitors that people will pay to use it.
2. uTorrent thinks that their users who primarily use their software to avoid paying for software (or media) are going to fork out cash for software.

You wouldn't believe how many mums are out there using uTorrent who aren't as aware and informed as you guys are.

You wouldn't believe how many mums are out there using uTorrent who aren't as aware and informed as you guys are.

Spot On. Not Everyone who uses uTorrents and Torrents are not Really into Tech and Stuff. They just download uTorrent and get Movies and TV Shows off PirateBay and Kickass Torrents. Then just put it on a HardDrive and then plug it on there TV so they can watch them

Spot On. Not Everyone who uses uTorrents and Torrents are not Really into Tech and Stuff. They just download uTorrent and get Movies and TV Shows off PirateBay and Kickass Torrents. Then just put it on a HardDrive and then plug it on there TV so they can watch them

I wasn't aware of the version issue you guys mentioned above.

But I must admit, since Netflix started in Australia, I have been downloading less.
If they actually started putting on some of the big new shows on there, I think that a lot more people would also cut down or even stop all together.
Lets face it, we only download because the alternative is paying through the ass for Foxtel.
Make content easily available at a reasonable price, and people will pay.

I wasn't aware of the version issue you guys mentioned above.

But I must admit, since Netflix started in Australia, I have been downloading less.
If they actually started putting on some of the big new shows on there, I think that a lot more people would also cut down or even stop all together.
Lets face it, we only download because the alternative is paying through the ass for Foxtel.
Make content easily available at a reasonable price, and people will pay.

Agree with Netflix and few other Streaming Companies like NetFlix the Reason to Download goes down as you can watch shows/movies when you want. Though not a Fan of Streaming as IF you want to Watch something more then once you have to give more Data to watch it again instead of just once

Agree with Netflix and few other Streaming Companies like NetFlix the Reason to Download goes down as you can watch shows/movies when you want. Though not a Fan of Streaming as IF you want to Watch something more then once you have to give more Data to watch it again instead of just once

Yeh that data use is an issue.
But some ISP's are now offering free-data/no quota for Netflix.
That's something all ISP's should do, or increase data allowances.

Telstra doubled my data allowance at no cost, on cable. They obviously can, if they want to.

Yeh that data use is an issue.
But some ISP's are now offering free-data/no quota for Netflix.
That's something all ISP's should do, or increase data allowances.

Telstra doubled my data allowance at no cost, on cable. They obviously can, if they want to.

Yeah I have seen that and it is a Great Idea but Seems to be Exclusive to Certain ISP's and Not All ISPS.

That was nice of Telstra

Why would people pay for uTorrent when there are perfectly good torrenting programs like Deluge you can use for free?

Surely even the most technologically challenged Mum can manage a Google search for torrenting programs if they have figured out how to use torrents in the first place?

Why would people pay for uTorrent when there are perfectly good torrenting programs like Deluge you can use for free?

Surely even the most technologically challenged Mum can manage a Google search for torrenting programs if they have figured out how to use torrents in the first place?

Agree - Why would people at uTorrent think People would pay to use uTorrent when you download Free Torrent Clients like Deluge?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back