2nds UWS GIANTS - NEAFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see if Barrett gets a senior call up this year, getting consistently good numbers in the neafl. Also if Pickett, Ahern and Steele get games, I was thinking 2-3 games each but that looks unlikely with the way the team is going

Will be interesting to see if Barrett gets a senior call up this year, getting consistently good numbers in the neafl. Also if Pickett, Ahern and Steele get games, I was thinking 2-3 games each but that looks unlikely with the way the team is going
From now on, you have to earn an AFL spot. No development games.

From now on, you have to earn an AFL spot. No development games.

I wouldn't see them as being gifting games but it is a long season and the majority of the list is still under 22. i would see in the back end of the season a few minor niggles holding players back from some games
My question is more along who has been the most consistent to be deserving of a callup? obviously they need to keep up the performances and work on what the coaches want in order to make the step up
I think a good indication of the differences between the 2 teams would be the numbers Kelly racked up in his 2 neafl games.
I do think the neafl is important for the development of the players and the game but having such a large difference in the quality does effect this development. a lot has been said regarding a national reserves comp but I believe that an 11 team comp is viable with good management of the teams and comp.

Ru5RA5y.png

Match Report:
Young draftees Jarrod Pickett and Paul Ahern had their best performance to date in the UWS GIANTS’ 16-point win over the Gold Coast Reserves on Saturday. The talented duo, who were dangerous across half forward, showed glimpses of why they were taken with pick four and pick seven respectively in the 2014 NAB AFL Draft. UWS GIANTS coach Brett Hand said he was pleased to see his young players perform well in such a tight contest at Spotless Stadium.
“That was Ahern's best game by a long way,” Hand said.
http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2015-05-25/draftees-impress

didnt know where to post this but what happened to Jake Barret? came second in the beep test at the combine and 4th in sprints in 2013! any updates on this boy?

i need steele to get a game for supercoach sake! anyone know if or when he will get a gig?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

17.10.112 to 1.1.7 at half time...

Addison 4 goals, Palmer 19 disposals and 1.3, Ahern 18 and a goal, Barrett 17, Steele 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Back