Remove this Banner Ad

IQ3

Premium Platinum
Feb 1, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Personally I'd love to see Tommy Langdon take over the vacant #5 next season. If so I'll get a guernsey with 5 on it straight away.

Also Shaz will have to change numbers so maybe number 9 will come available for him to wear.

What other numbers do you think will become available and who will be changing numbers?

This is the first year that the first pick has never played

Yeah, but there's a reasonable chance they aren't going to get many games. If Moore gets it next year he isn't likely to play much. Better to give it to a highly rated youngster like Broomy to keep the legacy going.

Agreed I'd love to see the no 35 out there every week, I reckon Broomy would be a good fit for it

Jamie Elliott would also look great in 35.
But we should give it to Ben Ken, because like Presti before him, he has sacrificed his own game for the good of the club, by constantly nominating to wear the green vest or to be dropped back to the VFL. ;)
Give number 5 to Broomhead.

I think Scharenburg will keep the no 35 given he has yet to debut.
Number 30 is vacant and you would think they have been keeping this number free for Darcy Moore.

Langdon to take number 5 is a good choice.
Freeman to take the number 9 from Marty Clarke.

Adam Oxley may choose a lower number next season, with Lynch's 21 or Hudson's 25 an option.

I think Scharenburg will keep the no 35 given he has yet to debut.
Number 30 is vacant and you would think they have been keeping this number free for Darcy Moore.

Langdon to take number 5 is a good choice.
Freeman to take the number 9 from Marty Clarke.

Adam Oxley may choose a lower number next season, with Lynch's 21 or Hudson's 25 an option.

Definitely wont see it next year then.

Which players have worn number 35 since we decided to give it to our first draft pick?
And out of them, how many have had severe injuries,illnesses or interrupted preseasons in their first year?

Which players have worn number 35 since we decided to give it to our first draft pick?
And out of them, how many have had severe injuries,illnesses or interrupted preseasons in their first year?
Grundy, Shaz, Fasolo and Elliot. I think...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2011 - Fasolo
2012 - Elliot
2013 - Grundy
2014 - Shaz

Time to end the number 35 to first draft pick rule? Not much point when we may not see it in the seniors at all or for a handful of games.
I Do like the idea behind it in honouring Presti. however I think in doing it that it takes away the legacy from a new player creating their own history with the number 35. I'm sure that the club can come up with something else.

I'd actually like Sharen to get the number 8....just cos of the connotations with one James Clement. So "Harry" you have 6 months left in it unless maybe you want to change?

I'd actually like Sharen to get the number 8....just cos of the connotations with one James Clement. So "Harry" you have 6 months left in it unless maybe you want to change?
Jimmy Clement, my all time fav player! :)

Jimmy Clement, my all time fav player! :)

Yep there are guns and then there are the "Jimmy Clement's" of this world. My mum used to tell me how "safe" people would feel any time the ball went near the late, great Jack Regan. I felt the same thing whenever Jimmy Clement was anywhere near the contest. Invariably he would win it and then make the most exquisite decisions with ball in hand that cut opposition teams to shreds. He tackled like a Spartan, ran straight, hard and often and never lost his feet. Wonderful, wonderful player. How Freo ever let him go is beyond me!

Yeah, he'd never lose 1v1's and he'd lace out whoever he wanted 55-60metres away. I cried the day he suddenly retired....

Yeah, he'd never lose 1v1's and he'd lace out whoever he wanted 55-60metres away. I cried the day he suddenly retired....

Nah you couldn't cry mate....as was Jimmy Clement he did it for someone else. He went out a champ and was able to support his family during a time of great hardship. He probably was one of the older guys that could have got through to the 2010 flag but unfortunately for him, his priorities turned elsewhere when he was in his prime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back