VAR in footy

Remove this Banner Ad

What and review every single goal cause a incident that happened up the field needs to be reviewed, before the goal was kicked?

Time-on would go on that long, we'll miss the last train from Richmond.

VAR-style reviews is needed in footy after a non-free kick last night almost costing us a win
Technology won’t solve the current umpiring woes. Last night is just a symptom of the more general problem that the AFL has been so hell bent on creating new rules about 666, stand, lack of intent, ruck nomination, 3rd man up etc that the basic rules of footy are de-emphasised to the point that they are almost forgotten. I thought that the lack of clarity around HTB, incorrect disposal etc was bad, but apparently the umps don’t even know when a ball is in and out of play!

No. if a boundary umpire can't see a ball marked out of bounds when he's standing on the line 2 metres away, and if a bloke whose out of bounds can handball to another bloke almost leaning on the fence, we have a bigger problem. Not surprisingly, the decisions both involved the same player. Seems the umpires have fallen for the same hyped-up idol worship surrounding a couple of high-profile players from a bottom half side. When half the commentary team are their mates I guess its a bit predictable.

No. if a boundary umpire can't see a ball marked out of bounds when he's standing on the line 2 metres away, and if a bloke whose out of bounds can handball to another bloke almost leaning on the fence, we have a bigger problem. Not surprisingly, the decisions both involved the same player. Seems the umpires have fallen for the same hyped-up idol worship surrounding a couple of high-profile players from a bottom half side. When half the commentary team are their mates I guess its a bit predictable.
Good call. I was at the game and spotted the error sitting in a stand 100m away. I was shocked when watching the replay that the morons in the commentary box didn't even notice , then had to say why is the crowd booing ? Then ask each other what the rules were about handballing a ball to a player out of ******* bounds only to conclude it was "technically" out of play , what the hell

Sounds like a plotline from Sons and Daughters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two of the worst decisions I've seen in many a year.

I was flabbergasted when they allowed that handball to go ahead, the AFL is bordering on corrupt if they allow that sort of s**t to go on.

What's the point in having four field umpires if the ycan't get the basics like that right ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back