Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure its a long way out from the season..but..

The sportsbet odds are juicy!

GC $2.35 to make finals 2015
The under/over is 11 wins

GWS under/over is 6.5 wins!

Just making an investment.

Those odds on GWS in particular..They must be taking the piss. I reckon GWS will be strong this year.

Pretty close to easy money I would say.

Just curious, how do television ratings impact on a clubs earnings? Ignoring all other forms of revenue, how does having a 100k audience for home games differ from having 500k? Do clubs gain money from advertising or anything?

where did you find those odds gcsunsfc , I looked on my phone and couldn't see any betting on AFL at all yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be interesting to see if the GPS data is part of the "package" when discussions are opened for the next media deal.

This would certainly place a different slant on how the public view football. As is evident in the Brownlow and "Supercoach" punters seem to reward players who "get" the ball without much thought on what else is happening off the ball.

Internally clubs recognise the "unseen" acts performed by players are vital if a team is to be successful.

Just curious, how do television ratings impact on a clubs earnings? Ignoring all other forms of revenue, how does having a 100k audience for home games differ from having 500k? Do clubs gain money from advertising or anything?
I just hope the afl doesn't sell out like league has to channel nein. us here on the goldie have to endure 17 Friday night games of the drongos per season, instead of sharing the key ratings spot evenly amoungst all the teams. but when tv controls the game the game will suffer.

un like the afl who is bigger than any tv network, inc Murdock. they own the game and control the game.

Went to the BBL last night. Shoaib Malik give me his shirt and batting gloves from the series :D

10489986_10152511631087191_4954608184221618958_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back