Game Day VFL and AFL Double Header v Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thought I’d role the game day threads into one for both games today, hope mods don’t mind.

VFL 1.05pm start
AFL 4.35pm start

Can the dogs build some momentum and make it two wins in a row against a team with the wood over us. Can the scray get on the board for this season.

Last week was a step forward whilst not being a convincing game, we defended well and were hard to play against. If we fall down in other areas so be it but I’m just looking for us to be a side teams don’t want to play as they know they are in for a tough day. The last two years we’ve gone away from that and teams have enjoyed playing against us. So let’s hope we are tough to play against again today

Lobb needs to not play. Bruce to move forward and give ruck relief.

Lobb will be absolutely useless in these conditions and we are too tall down back.

Yup want over my head lol
adam levine television GIF by The Voice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lmao Hannan sub, McNeil was the perfect choice as a small high pressure player who we could sub on for a tall for run late in the game - but nah we’ll need another player that plays in the air and sucks at ground level.

This selection committee is so ******* out of touch, genuine insanity - same s**t every week expecting a different result

Lmao Hannan sub, McNeil was the perfect choice as a small high pressure player who we could sub on for a tall for run late in the game - but nah we’ll need another player that plays in the air and sucks at ground level.

This selection committee is so ******* out of touch, genuine insanity - same s**t every week expecting a different result
Not sure if I've just convinced myself that McNeil is better than he really is, but I really am struggling to understand why we're not playing him in the seniors. With how tall our forward line is, and how vital it is now to have pace throughout your side, it's weird we're not picking him. Hannan must be an outstanding trainer

I should add to this we have made some changes to selection this year in that we’re sticking to a similar structure week in week out, so that’s a massive improvement - I think we’ll see this pay dividends soon in that the cohesion will be allowed to flourish compared to the chopping and changing last year.

But yeah still the love affair with s**t footballers getting chance after chance, does my head in

Anybody else having issues with the live stream not being able to make it bigger on phone?

Not sure if I've just convinced myself that McNeil is better than he really is, but I really am struggling to understand why we're not playing him in the seniors. With how tall our forward line is, and how vital it is now to have pace throughout your side, it's weird we're not picking him. Hannan must be an outstanding trainer
I don’t mind him, he’s no world beater by any stretch but he’s a good pressure player. For a stretch there he must have been close to avging that 1 goal, 15PA, 3-5 tackles sweet spot which is just great output for a small forward pressure type.

That’s the thing that’s frustrating for me though, it’s not that we’re playing these role player types I’m quite aware that every team needs them - but they should be complementing your team make up. I mean we play an inside mid in McComb on the wing, and a medium forward who can’t do anything else in our extremely tall forward line which is crying out for pressure.

Yet the one role player whose strengths line up with our weaknesses, and weaknesses line up with our strengths - can’t get a look in?

Feel like we’re just throwing darts at a dart board and seeing what thinks. There seems like such a lack of thought process behind our selections at times, like if Bevo thinks Hannan is better than McNeil for example, he plays and we work around fitting him in - whereas most good sides go the opposite route and pick players that are suited to the teams needs with their strengths/weaknesses

Again it’s just a very stubborn approach, and I’m not blowing up at a sub choice haha but it’s just so in line with the bigger issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back