VFL VFL R11 - Sandringham v WB (TBBO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. Just like Clint Jones - 40 touches in the VFL. Still an Ordinary afl player.

Jones was never as bad as people made out. Round one last year he was forced into the midfield when Joey missed and he played a fantastic game. He was one of the hardest working players you will ever see and if his disposal had been better he would have been a star.

Jones was never as bad as people made out. Round one last year he was forced into the midfield when Joey missed and he played a fantastic game. He was one of the hardest working players you will ever see and if his disposal had been better he would have been a star.

I rate Jones highly however he's just below the top level and at the wrong age. May get a 2nd chance depending on what happens at the Bombers. Great servant of the StK FC.

I rate Jones highly however he's just below the top level and at the wrong age. May get a 2nd chance depending on what happens at the Bombers. Great servant of the StK FC.

I think he is probably too old to get another gig but he was pretty harshly judged by our fans.

Brown is a good player but his body just never let him get on the park at Geelong. I spoke to a guy who is mates with Browns dad an he said his body would be suspect if he went back into the AFL system. I got the feeling he thought he was better off with VFL.

When did Saints fans decide Clint Jones was not a good AFL footballer? You blokes have short memories.

Don't know? I said he's NOW an ordinary afl footballer. He hasn't got an afl contract so fair comment imho. Are you referring to that particular comment? Facts are he was delisted and no one picked him up. I still respect him greatly tho. As I said great servant of our club.

Just to make it clear I'm talking about afl as in the afl competition not the sport in general. Obviously Jones is an amazing player - just not at the top level.

Agree. And was arguably the best tagger in the comp for 2-3 years. No mean feat. You only get 1.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-06-30/huddos-vfl-review-round-11

Curren / Acres - both looked good until injured … great win considering only two on the bench.

Sinclair - composure and link play was really important … in pressure situations his ball use is tremendous.

Wright - great run … tackling was excellent.

McKenzie - terrific and his last quarter was especially good.

Simpkin - commitment and ability to neutralise the ball was fantastic … a bit more damaging offensively.

Hickey - started slowly but stood up in the last quarter.

Saad - lively and worked hard all day.

Shenton - ended up doing well for us in front and behind the ball.

McCartin - a really solid game … one of our best.

Saunders - played predominantly forward … five clearances … defensively he needs to tighten up a little sometimes.

Templeton - was probably in good positions at times and wasn’t used.

Lee - didn’t have his best day … learnt a great deal.

Holmes - tap work was good.

Goddard - acquitted himself well regardless of where he played.

Development:
Siposs - best on ground.
Payne - three goals.
White - played back … used his legs really well offensively.
Pierce - terrific in the ruck and ran the game out really well.
Murdoch - good first half then dropped off a bit.
Markworth - was pretty damaging with his ball use and running ability. He’s still working his way back.
Baker-Thomas - looked good … spoiling was excellent and so was his body work.

Agree. And was arguably the best tagger in the comp for 2-3 years. No mean feat. You only get 1.
Agree. If tagger was an all Australian position Jones would have made the final 22 at least four times I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lee - didn’t have his best day … learnt a great deal.

Maybe they've come to expect a really high standard of Tom Lee? It isn't negative feedback, maybe they want to push him to be his best in prep for the inevitable Fisher/Dempster Void we'll be entering soon ( :cry: )

hahahaha caleb daniel

Will not make it.

Good fun day out at Sandy, great spot to watch footy. You guys deserved the win but gee it got tight there.

Interested why you think Daniel will not make it? He was great today and has been getting better and better each week. Uses the ball really well, think you will eat your words when he is called into the seniors next week.

Promotion to seniors, 14 touches and 1 goal in a half on debut, a groundswell of support from opposition fans (and a lot of saints fans) and media alike suggest you may have been off the mark here!

Promotion to seniors, 14 touches and 1 goal in a half on debut, a groundswell of support from opposition fans (and a lot of saints fans) and media alike suggest you may have been off the mark here!
A win for small players everywhere, if you're good enough, you're tall enough.
My question to you is this though: in a final, what would/could you do to protect him from being taken forward by an opposition mid and being forced to defend? He'll give away a minimum of 4 inches to all but a few players, and apart from playing him as a small forward (which isn't his natural position), I can't really see a way for him to not get exposed

Daniel was very impressive against Carlton, and the week before in the VFL against our own Zebs. I think Lonie, Taylor and Daniel have proved height is inconsequential if a player has true footballing ability. Hopefully it means more of these guys get picked up earlier in the draft, as a true reflection of their ability.

Whoever is worse than him. That's a totally different issue to whether he'll make it or not.

i dont think it is. i couldnt see a spot for him in our side. dont see a spot for him in the doggies side.

the sides i would have a spot for him, is only because they are absolutely putrid right now

there are just too many blokes ahead of him

i dont think it is. i couldnt see a spot for him in our side. dont see a spot for him in the doggies side.

the sides i would have a spot for him, is only because they are absolutely putrid right now

there are just too many blokes ahead of him

The Doggies team selection panel disagrees with you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back