VFL VFL R19 - Sandringham v Geelong (home)

Remove this Banner Ad

Saady (quite amusingly) stripped the 206cm Simpson and ran away with multiple bounces to goal early in the term. Now he's kicked his 4th via a holding the ball. Crucial goal after numerous errors cost goals to let Geelong back into the game. 86-60 after 14 mins.

Win today and we are likely to have a top 2 spot going into the finals (we play Casey at TBBO next week and there'll be a 1 v 3 clash of Williamstown and Box Hill). That's a really good result for a young team.

Sandringham 5.3 8.5 10.11 14.17 (101)
Geelong 3.0 5.3 7.5 11.7 (73)

Goals: Saad 4 McCartin 2 Kreymborg 2 Weickhardt Le Grice Simpkin Ong Markworth White

Best: Brown Pierce Jones Saad Weickhardt McCartin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-08-24/zebras-consolidate-top-two

Ahmed Saad (15 disposals, 9 tackles, 4 goals) provided tackling pressure and an avenue to goal, along with Paddy McCartin (10 disposals, 6 marks, 2 goals).

Clinton Jones (29 disposals, 6 tackles) and Myke Cook (21 disposals, 4 tackles) led the way, benefitting from the the ruck work of Lewis Pierce (10 disposals, 4 tackles).

Hudson "Lewis Pierce competed well as our number one ruckman and it was good to have Paddy McCartin back and compete strongly up forward.

"Ahmed Saad was really lively with his tackling pressure and ability to create scoring opportunities, and we thought Tom Simpkin (13 disposals, 6 tackles) gave us a lot of physicality through the midfield."

Best: Saad, Jones, Cook, Simpkin, Le Grice, Kreymborg

(almost completely different to Sandringham's best)

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-08-24/vfl-stats-round-19

11889420_10154141915999128_5171403517148854151_n.jpg

Would have been good to see Markworth a bit more involved so he could really push his claim for senior selection this week. It's a bit of a worry now that he might not be selected based on rewarding those with good VFL form.

Even if he isn't given a chance at senior level this year I would hope he has shown enough in the VFL to be rewarded with another contract.

I thought it was interesting that they had Simpkin effectively playing as a hardnosed midfielder. I wonder if that is the slimmest possibility for him to stay on for another year? :confused:

Do we know if the Finals will be up on replay like this? Or are they all going through Channel 7? Because those idiots haven't put up a single game all year (unlike ABC did last year on iView).

Do we know if the Finals will be up on replay like this? Or are they all going through Channel 7? Because those idiots haven't put up a single game all year (unlike ABC did last year on iView).

I know the ABC covered two finals per week last year, but not sure if 7 will be able to do the same, because of their AFL obligations.

I doubt that all of the non-televised games will be streamed/available for replay on the VFL website.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back