Victorian Members & Supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't there around 7,000 in our premiership years? Did drop off a little once the glory days had dried up and losing the old jumper lost a few more. Once that jumper comes back we'd peg a few back. Really the club is trying hard to win Vic members back though the family day starting at 4.30 on a Friday was a bit ordinary, have they never dealt with Melbourne traffic? And they must think we don't work starting it at 4.30 on Friday. Apart from that hiccup as a Vic member i've been happy with the effort they have put in.

Not sure about 7,000, but could be wrong, I know there was at least 5,000. I agree it's good to see them making more of an effort. The number of games played down here probably dictates vic member numbers as much as on field success.

Has anyone got the yearly Victorian membership numbers for BL?

Hi Pacman,

I can confirm that the Club cracked 5,000 Victorian members in both 2003 and 2004 (on the back of some pretty handy on-field form), but have fluctuated between 3K - 4K in all the other years post-merger. There was also a bit of a spike in 2010 on the back of us playing Finals in 2009.

Obviously team performance plays a contributing factor, but we're hoping to sustain 5,000 in Victoria regardless of where we sit on the ladder.

Hi Pacman,

I can confirm that the Club cracked 5,000 Victorian members in both 2003 and 2004 (on the back of some pretty handy on-field form), but have fluctuated between 3K - 4K in all the other years post-merger. There was also a bit of a spike in 2010 on the back of us playing Finals in 2009.

Obviously team performance plays a contributing factor, but we're hoping to sustain 5,000 in Victoria regardless of where we sit on the ladder.

Thanks for the Inside info:thumbsu: I'm hoping we can build on those figures. Any idea where the number stands atm?

I wonder whether there was a bump last year and this year due to people looking for cheap memberships with voting rights.

Although in my case it worked out amazingly well - my wife's going to be in Melbourne for work the weekend of the North Melbourne game, which is also the "bring a friend for free" game...

I wonder whether there was a bump last year and this year due to people looking for cheap memberships with voting rights.

Although in my case it worked out amazingly well - my wife's going to be in Melbourne for work the weekend of the North Melbourne game, which is also the "bring a friend for free" game...

Who will your friend be and what's your wife got planned for those few hours?

Stop stealing my shtick!!

pd_luke_skywalker_darth_vader_ll_120717_wblog.jpg

Good news.

That's going to require serious work by the club over a long period of time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that - bit of a worry that an increase of 20% = 4,000 when the aim was to maintain 5,000. Guess our performances in Victoria havent exactly helped (shame the Pies game last season wasn't the first game down here instead of the last, woulda been good for a fair few sign ups).

Thanks for that - bit of a worry that an increase of 20% = 4,000 when the aim was to maintain 5,000. Guess our performances in Victoria havent exactly helped (shame the Pies game last season wasn't the first game down here instead of the last, woulda been good for a fair few sign ups).

I think the aim was to strive to get back to more than 5,000 VIC members (which we had towards the end of the Premiership years), which was ambitious.

So a 4,000 figure is actually would be a pretty good result in my opinion.

Although there is a supporter base that is much bigger - we could comfortably have 6-8,000 VIC members if the money went to the Lions instead of mostly to the VIC clubs and we could then afford to discount the membership price like all of the VIC clubs do.

As an aside to this thread, just wanted to advise that Victorian-based Director Peter McGregor, and potentially Ross Thornton as well, are planning on attending this Saturday's big screen event at The Oxford Scholar Hotel to watch the Lions' Round 5 clash against the SUNS.

Might present an opportunity for members to come along (it's FREE) and chew the fat with these key figures, and learn more about the Club's vision in Victoria - including membership targets.

Also worth noting that there will again be a Lions-only bay on Level 3 at Etihad Stadium for the Round 6 encounter with Carlton. It will be the exact same location as the one from Round 2 - between Aisle 13-14.

As an aside to this thread, just wanted to advise that Victorian-based Director Peter McGregor, and potentially Ross Thornton as well, are planning on attending this Saturday's big screen event at The Oxford Scholar Hotel to watch the Lions' Round 5 clash against the SUNS.

Might present an opportunity for members to come along (it's FREE) and chew the fat with these key figures, and learn more about the Club's vision in Victoria - including membership targets.

Also worth noting that there will again be a Lions-only bay on Level 3 at Etihad Stadium for the Round 6 encounter with Carlton. It will be the exact same location as the one from Round 2 - between Aisle 13-14.
I will be bringing an unenlightend Carlton supporter with me to the game. Will they be welcome to sit in that area as a guest of a member?

I will be bringing an unenlightend Carlton supporter with me to the game. Will they be welcome to sit in that area as a guest of a member?

I hardly think Carlton supporters would be welcomed most places. ;) Tolerated may be the right word.

There shouldn't be a problem with this. As much as we would rather not have opposition supporters in the area, we also don't want to disadvantage those Lions fans who want to bring guests along. So long as the Blues fans are 'unenlightened' I see no dramas.

I'm flying down for Geelong, Melbourne and Carlton games, and very likely Essendon and St Kilda as well.

It's a bit of a shame the club doesn't do 3 game Victorian memberships

we have been going to a game in melbourne each season for a while now, great city love the whole feel of the place, although we'll change it up this year and go and experience the new adelaide oval. haven't been to adelaide for over 30 years, when the trip gets closer i'll ask for some good restaurant tips from our lions supporting adelaidians.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back