Games Video games

Remove this Banner Ad

For those of us who have AFL Evolution, I noticed last night someone had uploaded 2018 lists for all clubs in the Fan Hub. Doesn't have the new draftees, just has the players who have changed teams in the off-season playing for their new teams.

Must admit it was fun having Gaz, Sel and Paddy regularly streaming out of the midfield and bombing through goals from 50m out. :)

Last edited:
OK, plug time.

A couple of mates from work have had a predominantly gaming Youtube channel running for about 3 and a half years called the PopCulturists. They post a weekly PlayStation related gaming podcast on Mondays called For The Players, plus other regular content on Wednesdays and Fridays. In addition, they have a live stream every Wednesday where they usually play a new game which has either just been released or is due to be released in the next week or so. They also have the occasional "surprise live stream" on other nights if they feel the need.

Here is an example of one of their live streams - when they played PUBG. The part about an hour and a half in is probably the best part of it.

Here's an example of their weekly podcast:

YT have recently changed some ruling, and have deemed that for channel operators to get paid, they need to have over 100k views and 1k subscribers by the 20th of February. They have nailed the first prerequisite, but are about 130 subscribers short of the 2nd. If you liked the above videos, help a mate of a mate out by heading over to their channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1_AHnDWMEP0wM886eWBhUg and hitting the sub button.

So I've dedicated a lot of spare time the last month playing Batman Arkham Knight...
Had full intentions of fully completing it.. got to the bit with Deathstroke and realised I had to get rid of half a dozen of those bloody tanks and thought * that again. Also I had no intention of getting 250 of those riddler trophies.. so i was like 95% done when i activated the last thing to finish the game.

Now back to the 2k18 grind

They announced a new Fallout but it's also multiplayer, so why even bother linking the trailer? Why even care?

Videogames are getting too obsessed with online experiences.

They announced a new Fallout but it's also multiplayer, so why even bother linking the trailer? Why even care?

Videogames are getting too obsessed with online experiences.
I don't mind too much as long as the game is good
GTA5 has great multiplayer and was still a great stand alone game.
I used to enjoy the RDR multiplayer and I seriously loved the normal game.
Forza Horizon 2&3 as well.

That's where the money is. Games as a service.
Bethesda made way more money on either of their recent single player rpgs than on their microtransaction heavy mobile game or mmo. It's not so much the money, as the lazy/low effort money. And it will dry up.

I don't mind too much as long as the game is good
GTA5 has great multiplayer and was still a great stand alone game.
I used to enjoy the RDR multiplayer and I seriously loved the normal game.
Forza Horizon 2&3 as well.
R☆ are a company with a history and track record of incorporating multiplayer into strong single player titles. Bethesda have only done either/or, and not very successfully at the multiplayer side of things in terms of quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R☆ are a company with a history and track record of incorporating multiplayer into strong single player titles. Bethesda have only done either/or, and not very successfully at the multiplayer side of things in terms of quality.
Yeah fair enough. I still think the new Fallout will be really good.
The multiplayer part may be subpar but don't really care as long as it doesn't compromise the main game.

Yeah fair enough. I still think the new Fallout will be really good.
The multiplayer part may be subpar but don't really care as long as it doesn't compromise the main game.
I'm not sure there will be a main game is the problem. Either way proper announcement is in 10 days, we'll learn more then.

Due to a low attention span I struggle to play games like that all the way through, but I loved that game.
Could be my fave of all time too.

I think I’ve played it through fully 11 times. Some to unlock trophies and others just for fun. In a week they’re releasing either a trailer or release date for Part II which will get me in the mood again to play the first one haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back