WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Michie_246a.jpg

Height: 187cm
Weight: 78kg
DOB: 23/02/92
Club: Oakleigh Chargers (Vic)

Kevin Sheehan says: Well rounded player who is dangerous as a forward and can play midfield or back. Excellent kick and reads the game extremely well. Vic Metro rep in the under-18 championships for 2010, averaging 16 disposal and two goals.

Under 18 Stats (Averages)
Games: 5
Kicks: 9.2
Handballs: 6.8
Disposals: 16.0
Marks: 4.8
Goals: 1.8

Phantom Draft Profiles

Snoop Dog said:
Another member of the Oakleigh squad likely to get drafted this year. Has good pace and is a terrific reader of the footy which allows him to play a variety of roles. He is well balanced in contested situations. Foot skills are good and could well prove to be a neat selection. Tested very well from what I heard.

Knightmare said:
Style: Nick Dal Santo
Range: 23-54
Why: Well rounded player who can play midfield or forward well as well as some back if required. Good decision maker. Nice kick of the footy and reads the game well. Strong overhead. More of an outside player, but a very skilful one at that.

Articles
Bigfooty Draft Watch Thread

Herald Sun had him going around pick 30, see http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a.../story-e6frf9jf-1225952702926?from=public_rss

Has had a fairly long association with the Royboys juniors, and from what I've heard from AFL and VFL recruiting people involved with that junior club and asociated teams, he seems to tick the boxes on both skill off both feet and application at training/team events. Early days, and who knows how he'll adjust to moving to WA, but I like the fact he's ours, at that pick.

Plus we can now say we have a West Indian playing for us??

Shave his head bald and he'd look like Ablett.

Hopefully that's an omen.

Bit unrelated, but I sat next to this guy at Uni this year in some of my classes. Seemed like a good bloke. Always turning up to lectures, tutes etc. (which is more than you can say for most). So he is definitely committed. I hope he goes well! :thumbsu:

Bit unrelated, but I sat next to this guy at Uni this year in some of my classes. Seemed like a good bloke. Always turning up to lectures, tutes etc. (which is more than you can say for most). So he is definitely committed. I hope he goes well! :thumbsu:

A Collingwood fan goes to uni? Pfft... get out of here.

Was it Lockpicking 101?

Yeah Superb agility run o 8.01. Only two Dockers have done sub 7 seconds and that is Schammer and Hilly. Does anyone know how he tested for speed?

Cant wait to see this bloke in action next year. Looks very smart and talented from everything I've seen of him so far. Hopefully will prove to be another draft day bargain for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Collingwood fan goes to uni? Pfft... get out of here.

Was it Lockpicking 101?

Naaah, the Colliwobble poster boyo majors in "Narre Warren applied chemistry applications" with minors in "horticulture in enclosed rented spaces" and "practical connections to electricity supply lines", and an elective unit in "short-course in multi utensil hair strand enhancement - aka rat-tail grooming and care 101". Lockpicking 101, car-theft 102,m and practical applied dentistry 107(a) (extra credit points for self-application during practical tutorials) will follow "next year" [read - taken in three or four repeats during the next two decades on scholarships from the Salvos and Vinnies].

Thanks Dale. Hope the applied beauty products - eyeliner and tinting unit goes well for you next year.

Vyvyan!!!

vyvyan_150_150x180.jpg

Sorry, please continue..

Bet our Viv turns out to be a five star pick. As opposed to a four star prick.

Viv is just all class, that's how I would describe him. He's talented at virtually every sport he tries, especially basketball - I think at one stage he had to choose between footy and basketball and luckily for you blokes he chose the former. He's a top bloke, quiet at first but once you get to know him you realise what a great guy he is. Never has a bad word to say about anybody, that's just the way he is.

I'd say his biggest strength is his overhead marking - it's very good for his size, gives him a few extra cms - followed by his kick and agility. The way he moves is all silk, he is 1-2 seconds quicker than most players around the clinches.

He looks really laconic at times, but I don't think it's because of a lack of effort. It's just his style. He has the tendency to be inconsistent at higher levels, that's definitely one thing he will need to work on. He's played in the forward line, through the middle and off half back in his junior career and I don't think he's ever really settled in one position. At this stage I don't think he has the tank for a mid but we will see. I like him best off half back playing the quarterback type role.

One of the best junior players I've seen, I don't rate him that far behind Gaff, and Gaff runs all ****ing day. Having said this, I still couldn't tell you if he will make it or not. You never really know with Viv, he has the talent that's for sure, I will watch him with interest into what type of player he develops into as he matures.

A story that I think exemplifies his sporting ability comes not from a footy game, but a muck around basketball game. We were actually deciding which game to play - 3 on 3 or "21" (basically a game which requires you to shoot 11 from the free throw line and 11 lay ups first to win), and he wanted to play 3 on 3 but no one else did. So he grabbed the ball, shot 11 straight from the free throw line and 11 straight lay ups without anyone else getting a turn, then said 'OK, now is everyone ready for some 3 on 3, or do you want to play that again?"

All the best, hope Viv becomes a good player for Freo.

A story that I think exemplifies his sporting ability comes not from a footy game, but a muck around basketball game. We were actually deciding which game to play - 3 on 3 or "21" (basically a game which requires you to shoot 11 from the free throw line and 11 lay ups first to win), and he wanted to play 3 on 3 but no one else did. So he grabbed the ball, shot 11 straight from the free throw line and 11 straight lay ups without anyone else getting a turn, then said 'OK, now is everyone ready for some 3 on 3, or do you want to play that again?"

All the best, hope Viv becomes a good player for Freo.

Any idea why it is called 21? Sounds like 22 to me.

Didn't look out of place last night. Did very well, racked up close to 20 possessions across the games and looked to have a neat left foot. Considering its his first game and that it is always a huge jump up in intensity to what he would be used to it was very encouraging.

Drafted as a flanker but seems like he has the ability to play through the guys also.

We have done remarkably well out of our mid-late draft picks last few years. Mellington looks the goods also.

Hey guys just wandering if viv is going to get a game soon? class player carnt wait

Remove this Banner Ad

Back