Vote which logo is best

Remove this Banner Ad

epfc-shield-redraw.jpg
The OG East Perth Coat of Arms is so good!

Last edited:

Five and a half years on...

The Original Eagles logo is so well designed. It's so simple but so effective, and most importantly, ties in perfectly with arguably the biggest piece of continual WCE brand equity, the wings.

The 2000 Eagles head was never designed to fit in with the wings, structurally it is so incongruous that it has pushed them up and up to the little chicken wings we are stuck with now. It's a really ordinary, out-of-date logo, which stinks of ochre.

I don't know if it's the faux-retro movement, but Dynamo is actually making a little comeback in the world of design. It's actually not a bad-looking typeface, and I honestly cannot picture any other paired with the original head.

It's the Hartford Whalers logo of the AFL - distinctive, bold, symbolic and bloody timeless. I've mulled over this, and I can't possibly make it any better than it actually is. My dream Eagles kit is gold and royal wings jumpers with this beautiful thing sitting on its own (no wordmark), larger than it was in the 90s, right on the guts where it was made to be.

Shield or not, this classic contemporary piece of Australian graphic design needs to be returned. Permanently.

#returnthehead #andthewings

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back