WADA finds high tb4 levels in Bombers pair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Esposito et al "sports drug testing" journal in 2012 reported on what they found as a novel method of testing for TB4 and suggested that this could be used to test for TB4 doping.

Your welcome.

Dont bother with Lance, hes one of the Hirdites that have said they will hold out til there is a positive test before he makes a call

And now it looks like they are here he will completely change his tune no doubt

Dont bother with Lance, hes one of the Hirdites that have said they will hold out til there is a positive test before he makes a call

And now it looks like they are here he will completely change his tune no doubt

Hey m8 when's your next thread happening? Can't w8 please don't b l8

Would Watson do that to his teammates? I think it is more likely some backroom tensions boiled over behind the scenes, and Watson is implementing his life ambition sit down against Hird.

When does project give Sam and Trent the medal, kick off?

Or they have a TB4 producing cancer.

We can only hope the unknown, undocumented drugs don't have harmful effects

Not taking the piss thrawny but the paper did say urine not blood. Facts Thrawn facts, that's what is important. If the results did prove tb4 was administered to 2 players then surely we should see 2 new infraction notices. While you are here though and in an expansive mood can you share your wisdom with us:
What amount in urine is a 'positive' result?
What amount did the two players samples return?
What does the term abnormally high actually mean in terms of probability?
Is this what WADA said or how it has been reported?
Mate, I think that 'abnormally high' would fall well short of 'beyond reasonable doubt'. But CAS don't need that - I believe the level of proof required for their judgement is that of comfortable satisfaction. To be honest I think an abnormally high level of tb4 would lead me to be comfortably satisfied the drug had been used - especially when you take into account the other evidence that's out there.

banner3.jpg

To those who've followed this closely: is there a chance of more positive drug tests in the coming weeks? Or did they test all 34 players and only 2 came back positive with the current methods available (meaning more positive tests could only arise with new testing procedures)?

To those who've followed this closely: is there a chance of more positive drug tests in the coming weeks? Or did they test all 34 players and only 2 came back positive with the current methods available (meaning more positive tests could only arise with new testing procedures)?
Nobody knows. Only snippets get leaked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know what concerns me?

The club knows more than the players. The players are once again, putting too much trust into the club, the club that let them down. However, if the club knows and the players don't, the players really do have stones in their head then, as it's their future not Essendons

I'm interested to see if all 34 are happy with Essendon reading the brief, commenting on it etc.

Xavier should be dismissing anything and just a 'no comment', rather than trying to discredit WADA
And the AFLPA is suspiciously quiet.

Absolutely love it! "We didn't do this drug, but even if we did, it wouldn't help". Primary school PR here. Well done Tim you *******.

The fact your son was able to wrangle a Brownlow is evidence of cheating, he's not fit to shine Mitchell's boots.

Come on! Tim's certainly got a point. TB4 can't be performance enhancing - Essendon are shit.

I'm in the twilight zone at the moment. I disagree with much of what is said on the HTB, and essendons board. Both sides have many extreme views that I just cannot see sense in.

Best description of the HTB I've seen in a while.

For that reason Ive sort of gone off discussing things until something substantial happens and I just enjoy cracking jokes with some of the regulars

The speculation about a new test for TB4 makes a lot of sense.

As the Weap said, Hird and Corcoran wanted black ops, and say a lot of things about Dank, but he was the perfect man for the job. No way anyone in his program would fail a drug test.

At least no drug test that existed back then...

The speculation about a new test for TB4 makes a lot of sense.

As the Weap said, Hird and Corcoran wanted black ops, and say a lot of things about Dank, but he was the perfect man for the job. No way anyone in his program would fail a drug test.

At least no drug test that existed back then...
I can't see how on the one hand he is purposely using a drug he knows has no test in a black ops manner and on the other hand admit to using TB4 in an interview.

See, this is something that disturbs me, and says plenty about Essendon....

Ordway said if she was one of the two players whose samples returned the allegedly suspect results, she would be worried.

"If I had been told I hadn't been administered this substance, I'd want to find out why there had been these results," she said.

Hird and co. just dismiss this. It doesn't change their position. It doesn't prove anything. Etc. Etc.

Of course it changes things! If you're the player, surely you'd be the first one to want answers as to WTF you had abnormally high levels of TB4 in your piss!

But no, the club doesn't give a shit. Means nothing. Can't prove nothing.

Disgraceful, yet again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back