WAFL Grand Final - East Perth vs Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Bullshit Taberner's form in the wafl was ordinary, and at afl level his finals where beyond bad.
He also lacks composure has plenty of brain fades.

Apeness has the turning circle of a mack truck, and cant chase for the life of him.
But your right with more preseasons he may get better.
McInnes is a better talent than both of them.
If you consider Riewoldt-esque numbers to be ordinary then I don't know what your standards are. I'll agree his finals were poor although bear in mind he was subbed off injured in the Port game at half time, right now he presence helps the team even if he isn't contributing on the scoreboard. He does lack composure at times, however that was less of a problem after the Hawks game where he finally got used to the intensity of AFL footy, I had my concerns on whether he would adjust to the even higher intensity in finals and unfortunately he didn't. Apeness stuggled with injury this year and has played a few very good games for Peel, I'd back him to develop. McInnes may be more talented, however there is more to AFL footy right now than talent.
Where was he played most of the season ?
He normally played further up the ground, with Sinclair and Josh Smith as main targets.
A lot of the time he was the dummy forward.
Today he was played deep forward.
Other games he played CHB where he was BOG in one game.
He also spent a little time in the ruck.
I actually believe his best position is where he played in the under 18's as a centre half back.
I just think he would be a good fit for your club, at wce he is behind so many good talls.
Taberner also plays predominantly higher up the field where he uses his endurance. He also has played as the dummy forward, allowing Pav to kick more goals. We don't need a centre half back who can't crack a game in the seniors , we've got plenty better.

As it is I'd take Taberner over McInnes everyday of the week.

Excellent performance by Subi today. Very difficult conditions so skills were pretty ordinary from both sides, but Subi's midfielders particularly Horsely and Bristow dominated when it was in tight. Hampson up forward even on one leg makes a heck of a difference too. Would love to see him get a shot at the next level. For the Royals Cadwallader very impressive and one who I think could have a future as an AFL footballer.

As a Royals fan, it pains me to say this but we truly are the Collingwood of the WAFL when it comes to GF performances.

yep both in bridesmaid and the 5 in a row

Talking about finals composure, for where he was taken in the Draft, Sheed was below ordinary.

Haven't seen his name mentioned, but liked the game of Rumble.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.

Please will the AFL recruiters stop "salivating" over players in the maternity ward ( Colts), and watch players who in the League sides. Lot's of darn good 20 - 23 year old maturing nicely.

Talking about finals composure, for where he was taken in the Draft, Sheed was below ordinary.

Haven't seen his name mentioned, but liked the game of Rumble.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.

Please will the AFL recruiters stop "salivating" over players in the maternity ward ( Colts), and watch players who in the League sides. Lot's of darn good 20 - 23 year old maturing nicely.

I agree. Kids don't stop maturing at the age of 18 or physically growing. Clubs are starting to wake up a little bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, that was one wet day. Went to the Subi bar to celebrate Swans colts win, so never made it back to the field.

Congrats Subi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back