Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe he's just been playing like that for years because he's desperate to play for North for free.

It's been in fruition since the day he was drafted is my mail.
Gotta love them 'sleeper recruits'. Loyalty to team unquestionable.

What would you pay for Tomlinson considering about a dozen other clubs will want him and GWS don't want picks?

He's out of contract, yeah?

Delisted Free Agent. :D
Why not both?
Petrie
Tarrant
Daw
Black
Wood
Brown
Waite
Tomlinson

How many clubs have 8 Key Forwards?

He's out of contract, yeah?

Delisted Free Agent. :D

Petrie
Tarrant
Daw
Black
Wood
Brown
Waite
Tomlinson

How many clubs have 8 Key Forwards?
Why not?

Black and Wood ain't KPF's. Waite and Petrie would have what, two years left max? Taz may never walk again. Brown and Daw ain't certainties. In 24 months our KPF stocks could consist of 2 third tall types in Wood and Black. Best case scenario is that we have Taz, Daw and Brown, but I doubt that will eventuate.

Why not?

Black and Wood ain't KPF's. Waite and Petrie would have what, two years left max? Taz may never walk again. Brown and Daw ain't certainties. In 24 months our KPF stocks could consist of 2 third tall types in Wood and Black. Best case scenario is that we have Taz, Daw and Brown, but I doubt that will eventuate.

Also forgot perma-injured Tom Curran.

Black, at 192, is as much a KPF as Gunston who plays as a KPF.

Also forgot perma-injured Tom Curran.

Black, at 192, is as much a KPF as Gunston who plays as a KPF.
Gunston is a much better mark imo. Black plays as a quasi flanker but regardless the point still stands. We can go after Waite AND someone like Tomlinson.

As for Curran, I am confident that the club are developing and working on list management strategies that don't rely on him coming good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't call either of Black or Gunston KP.

The fact Gunston has always had 2 key positions around him like Roughy Lance, Hale etc has made him a better player.

Jay Schulz is 193. Jack Darling is 191. Jack Riewoldt is only 195.

The fact is, there isn't much difference between guys who range from 192-195. It's the 198+ guys who can cause serious headaches.

Jay Schulz is 193. Jack Darling is 191. Jack Riewoldt is only 195.

The fact is, there isn't much difference between guys who range from 192-195. It's the 198+ guys who can cause serious headaches.
Highest risk, highest reward with those guys. Very few good forwards in that size bracket.

Gunston is a much better mark imo. Black plays as a quasi flanker but regardless the point still stands. We can go after Waite AND someone like Tomlinson.

As for Curran, I am confident that the club are developing and working on list management strategies that don't rely on him coming good.

He is certainly a better kick.

What I am saying is IMO I feel having possible 9 Key Forwards on a list is overkill.

So whats your point, you think Black and Gunston are Key position forwards?

I said Wood and Black are KPF's. Tron doesn't believe they are. I was comparing forwards from other clubs who play as KPF's who are the same size.

I am saying that having nine 192cm forwards is overkill.

He is certainly a better kick.

What I am saying is IMO I feel having possible 9 Key Forwards on a list is overkill.
Take Tomlinson out of the equation for a sec. What I'm saying is that your 8 is actually 6, and in two years it will almost certainly be 4 and could quite feasibly be 0. Considering the risk potential I think there is certainly room for a young, talented KPF to be either traded or drafted in and for a seasoned back up to be made available.

Nah call the whole thing off, if we can't get Gary Ablett Jnr we shouldn't make any additions to our list.

Not beyond making additions to the list.

As long as they are smart.

If he'll get us a flag jump on it.

If not pass. The guy will be 32 next year and has played about half of the possible games over the last 5 years.

We'd have to be pretty certain with what we'd get out of him to make it work.

Take Tomlinson out of the equation for a sec. What I'm saying is that your 8 is actually 6, and in two years it will almost certainly be 4 and could quite feasibly be 0. Considering the risk potential I think there is certainly room for a young, talented KPF to be either traded or drafted in and for a seasoned back up to be made available.

Petrie, Daw, Brown, Black, Wood, Curran, Tarrant and Waite.

Bold will be on the list in 2016. Tarrant is an unknown. I would think Curran is done.

Petrie a small chance. Maybe hanging on for a flag.

Petrie, Daw, Brown, Black, Wood, Curran, Tarrant and Waite.

Bold will be on the list in 2016. Tarrant is an unknown. I would think Curran is done.

Petrie a small chance. Maybe hanging on for a flag.

Taz: As you say is touch and go so for the purpose of list management planning you would consider that a goneski.
Drew: Around in 2016? Maybe, but sure that would be his last season. Again, from a list management perspective that needs addressing.
Curran: You'd have to count that as a no.
Daw: Still highly speculative.
Brown: Could be serviceable.
Black: Yep.
Wood: Yep, but yet to play a game.

There's a whole lotta if's , but's and maybe's there. If I were a list manager I'd be looking for some short term and long term cover.

Yeah, he may not take us to the top of the mountain, but very few individuals take teams there alone. He'll add a different dimension in an improving side and may shoot us closer, a little sooner.

2010 - The same year that he returned a career high 36 goals in a season from only 16 games (2.3 goals per game), he also averaged 3.5 tackles a game. He was a major piece in their run to the finals, which was the first season they had no Fevola, leaving Jarrad with the best defender week in week out.

For next to nothing. He's a good recruiting decision.

Will sign 9am Friday when the free agent window open. Mark my words!

Dumbbell is a good nickname (Free weight...haha)

image.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back