Wayne Rooney vs Luis Suarez vs Sergio Aguero

Who would you take?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Proving to be a flat track bully as I suggested above (and why I don't rate him as highly as Aguero and Rooney).

Apparently has 16 goals this season against the bottom seven teams but only 3 goals against the top 13.

He is a phenomenal player but he doesn't do it when it really counts just yet.

Proving to be a flat track bully as I suggested above (and why I don't rate him as highly as Aguero and Rooney).

Apparently has 16 goals this season against the bottom seven teams but only 3 goals against the top 13.

He is a phenomenal player but he doesn't do it when it really counts just yet.

When he's not scoring, he's still assisting.

You needed goals from your star player last night and you didn't get them. Hence the loss. He didn't assist against Arsenal btw.

Yet he would've assisted 2 goals if Sterling didn't get called for that ridiculous offside.

And no s**t he didn't assist against arsenal, we didn't score.

Did you even watch the game today? Suarez was easily the best player in the first half and should have had two assists.

He'll score at least two goals against Chelsea on Sunday too.

Best player and still lost. If that's what Liverpool is happy to have, good for them.

Hasn't performed consistently against big sides.

**** me, it's not like I'm calling him s**t. Until he does it on the big stage he isn't in front of Aguero or Rooney for me.

Load of crap. So if he'd scored a scruffy tap in all of a sudden he's on another level? He was one of the best players on the park last night, setting up Coutinho's goal with a clever flick and nearly assisting 2 or 3 others. Suarez's goals per game record in these big games during his time at Liverpool has been a respectable 1 in 2, particularly when you consider how poor we've been as a team over the last few seasons. He's more than done his part in these games, it's not his fault that until recently our midfield haven't followed his lead and stepped up to the plate to give him the sort of support that Aguero has received.

Best player and still lost. If that's what Liverpool is happy to have, good for them.

Hasn't performed consistently against big sides.

**** me, it's not like I'm calling him s**t. Until he does it on the big stage he isn't in front of Aguero or Rooney for me.

Not his fault the likes of Johnson and Sterling wants to finish like Emile Heskey. He put one on a plate for Coutinho who missed as well

But if you're gonna blame the loss on Suarez then go on ahead, who are we to stop your bias

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not his fault the likes of Johnson and Sterling wants to finish like Emile Heskey. He put one on a plate for Coutinho who missed as well

But if you're gonna blame the loss on Suarez then go on ahead, who are we to stop your bias
Yes because that's what I said. :rolleyes:

It was a comparison against Aguero.

Against s**t sides, he has created many chances himself with some of the best skill in the world. He doesn't do the same against the best opposition.

Yes because that's what I said. :rolleyes:

That's exactly what you said, unless you don't know what you're talking about, and that seems to be the case

It was a comparison against Aguero.

Against s**t sides, he has created many chances himself with some of the best skill in the world. He doesn't do the same against the best opposition.

Yes, because creating clear cut chance after clear cut chance for your teammates is just such an irrelevant thing to do

And if I'm Aguero and get to have Silva Nasri Yaya and Navas playing in behind me, I'd probably have a few more chances than if I have the likes of Henderson Sterling and Allen

would've thought that arsenal needed another striker who doesn't finish his chances like a hole in the head. on top of that is never in the right position and is lazy and whines.

you're more than welcome to him.

Yep, as bad as Chelsea's strikers are...do not want.

Suarez didn't concede two goals. When they did concede, he couldn't drag them over the line though.

Aguero's record is better in big games therefore I prefer him. Not sure why that's so hard to grasp.

Btw, go look at who I voted for buddy.

Because your reasoning is stupid

So Suarez basically created all of our best chances, but you choose to ignore that and have a go at him for something he did not screw up at

Suarez scores 1 in 2 in big games, that is a horrible record

He missed the first 5 games and has only played 13 games in total this season so I'm not sure where you're getting those numbers from. He's done his part in big games for club and country over the last few years (no player in any confederation scored more goals in World Cup qualifying), like I said it's not his fault that until recently his team mates haven't been capable of consistently stepping up to his level and giving him the sort of service most other world class strikers have been receiving.

There should be no questions over Suarez's ability after what he has done over the first half of this season, you have to go back to the 1920's with Dixie Dean to find a striker who had scored goals at the rate Suarez is currently putting them away. It's unprecedented in the modern era of English football and he deserves to be acknowledged for that. If we're looking at Premier League greats, in my opinion he's been on Thierry Henry/Cristiano Ronaldo level for the last 12-18 months but I get the feeling that for some people the goal posts for Suarez will always shifted because they don't like him and it annoys them to see a villain like him doing so well.

What sets Thierry Henry apart as the best striker the Premier League has seen is that he did for 5 or 6 years what Suarez has done for the last 18 months, Suarez needs to do this for a few more years before he's in the same league as Henry. All I'm saying is he's performing at that sort of level right now in my opinion, obviously he needs to have a few more years like this one before we start talking about them in the same breath.

Suarez:
2012/13: 23 goals, 11 assists in 33 games
2013/14: 19 goals, 9 assists in 13 games

Henry:
2001/02: 24 goals, 5 assists in 33 games
2002/03: 24 goals, 23 assists in 37 games
2003/04: 30 goals, 9 assists in 37 games
2004/05: 25 goals, 15 assists in 32 games
2005/06: 27 goals, 7 assists in 32 games

Amazing record from the Frenchman when you lay it out like that!

Back