Wayne Rooney vs Luis Suarez vs Sergio Aguero

Who would you take?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh turn it up ADL. Not all of us are subjective twats. Suarez is sublime, but is not on Henry's level, yet. Could reach it, doubt he'll surpass it, but it's not unreachable for a player like him.

And Henry scored against everyone.

Read what I wrote. Perfectly reasonable comment to make & objectively supported by the stats. Henry is the best striker the PL has seen but Suarez is currently performing at a level which could make him comparable to Henry if he continues like this for a few more years. That's all I was saying.

Twat.

Read what I wrote. Perfectly reasonable comment to make & objectively supported by the stats. Henry is the best striker the PL has seen but Suarez is currently performing at a level which could make him comparable to Henry if he continues like this for a few more years. That's all I was saying.

Twat.
I was implying I was not subjective.

1506405_678726692158755_1039283936_n.jpg

Tad early for Ronaldo comparisons too.

He missed the first 5 games and has only played 13 games in total this season so I'm not sure where you're getting those numbers from. He's done his part in big games for club and country over the last few years (no player in any confederation scored more goals in World Cup qualifying), like I said it's not his fault that until recently his team mates haven't been capable of consistently stepping up to his level and giving him the sort of service most other world class strikers have been receiving.

There should be no questions over Suarez's ability after what he has done over the first half of this season, you have to go back to the 1920's with Dixie Dean to find a striker who had scored goals at the rate Suarez is currently putting them away. It's unprecedented in the modern era of English football and he deserves to be acknowledged for that. If we're looking at Premier League greats, in my opinion he's been on Thierry Henry/Cristiano Ronaldo level for the last 12-18 months but I get the feeling that for some people the goal posts for Suarez will always shifted because they don't like him and it annoys them to see a villain like him doing so well.
CR7 has scored as many goals this year as Suarez has scored in his entire Liverpool career

CR7 has scored as many goals this year as Suarez has scored in his entire Liverpool career

What was his record like in the Premier League?

2006/07: 17 goals, 17 assists in 34 games
2007/08: 31 goals, 8 assists in 34 games
2008/09: 18 goals, 6 assists in 33 games

He's been great in La Liga but I'm talking about the Premier League where it's far more difficult to score goals. With that in mind it's perfectly reasonable to compare what Suarez is doing now to what Ronaldo did at his peak in the Premier League.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wasnt poor last night but he wasnt at his best, nor was he close to one of the best on the pitch.

While it continues people will keep bringing up the stat.

16 against bottom 7 sides. 3 against top 7

6 goals from 20 against Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City

It doesnt mean he's played poorly in the games he doesnt score, nor does it mean that Chelsea won't consider him their biggest threat.

Its just a stat to be put out there. We can look at reasons why (I can't believe Liverpool supporters are talking down the quality of their squad after talking it up all year). But there shouldnt be too much made of it.

On the Henry comparisons, we should remember that he also faced accusations of being a flat track bully (don't know if the stats back that up). But Suarez has a long way to go to be considered on the same level IMO.

Suarez's scored the winner against Arsenal in Emirates before

He destroyed Man United and laid 3 on the plate for Kuyt, scored in Old Trafford before as well

Scored some crackers against City IIRC

Chelsea's the only one I can't remember him doing anything other than biting people in

He has turned up in loads of big games against top sides. Funny how people kept saying "i'm not saying he's a flat track bully, but here's a stat that shows he is". I'm not saying your mother's a whore, i'm just say she has sex with people for money

Suarez's scored the winner against Arsenal in Emirates before

He destroyed Man United and laid 3 on the plate for Kuyt, scored in Old Trafford before as well

Scored some crackers against City IIRC

Chelsea's the only one I can't remember him doing anything other than biting people in

He has turned up in loads of big games against top sides. Funny how people kept saying "i'm not saying he's a flat track bully, but here's a stat that shows he is". I'm not saying your mother's a whore, i'm just say she has sex with people for money

He scored twice against Chelsea last season.

I am saying he is a flat track bully, that much is obvious without the use of stats.

Not so good on the turning track (as far as scoring goes, I would say general performances as well).

The stats do show a lot, but people get overly defensive about it.

And if people werent so defensive about it, it would make for interesting discussion. Does he play a different role against stronger teams? Do stronger teams defend differently against him? Is the style of many of his goals less effective against stronger defenders?

Like I said, Chelsea will consider Suarez their biggest threat on the weekend. How they counter that threat will be interesting.

No one's worried about his performances against the top sides, ya know, people who actually watched him play.

We see him every game against the top sides, I rarely remember him having a bad game against them. Always turns up and makes things happen, even when he doesn't score. Yesterday he should've had a couple of assists

Stats also tell me that Michael Owen is a better striker than Aguero in England, and that's just stupid. Stats without context is just Grandblue logic

So you say something people disagree with, people make rebuttals, and they're being overly defensive? Bonkers. Speaking of overly defensive, you remember when you were defending Joe Hart to the hilt even when he was costing you points, and how laughable that was? That was overly defensive

No one's worried about his performances against the top sides, ya know, people who actually watched him play.

We see him every game against the top sides, I rarely remember him having a bad game against them. Always turns up and makes things happen, even when he doesn't score. Yesterday he should've had a couple of assists

Stats also tell me that Michael Owen is a better striker than Aguero in England, and that's just stupid. Stats without context is just Grandblue logic

So you say something people disagree with, people make rebuttals, and they're being overly defensive? Bonkers. Speaking of overly defensive, you remember when you were defending Joe Hart to the hilt even when he was costing you points, and how laughable that was? That was overly defensive

Yes you are being overly defensive. I don't know how people can disagree with what I've said as all I've said is that his scoring record against top teams is 6 from 20. You've presumed things from that, that I simply havent said and don't believe.

Because I'm not suggesting Suarez is bad against the top sides, I've clearly stated that wasnt the case. I've also stated that Chelsea will consider him their biggest threat on the weekend.

As for Hart, I've criticised him for several of his errors. The Chelsea game I thought was bad defending by Nastasic. Thats not being defensive, thats just having an opinion that is different to yours.

Out of interest, what stat suggests Owen is better than Aguero.

Back