Media Monday Night: Talking Qooty Episode 15 with Noobz0r

Remove this Banner Ad

Given he's had some RL issues and has already spoken to me about it, I don't see it being a huge issue. If he can get his posting back up, he'll be a shot but I also think others have overtaken him.

It's nice that you focus on the negatives though, rather than the positives.

I guess admitting you're wrong isn't who you are...
Well that's my whole point.

RL issues do come into it. Which is exactly why I find it extremely amusing and quite farcical that you can even say so and so is going to be a HoFer before he's even played a game. And exactly why I made the article in the first place.

Call me whatever you like, maybe I'm just a bit too realistic for someone who likes to toss off to his own players, but I think you're underestimating what it takes to be a Hall of Famer.

Well that's my whole point.

RL issues do come into it. Which is exactly why I find it extremely amusing and quite farcical that you can even say so and so is going to be a HoFer before he's even played a game.

Call me whatever you like, maybe I'm just a bit too realistic for someone who likes to toss off to his own players, but I think you're underestimating what it takes to be a Hall of Famer.

Well given ClarkeM's in there, I'll get invinciBlues bumping old threads post haste. A few podcasts as well and a rub and tug of boncer and okeydoke and he'll be a shoe-in.

But seriously, you've been quite quick to pour cold water on our group - any chance you could post something positive? The OP you wrote is looking sillier by the day.

Looks like playing hard to get really works.

Weak as piss, TFB. Here I was thinking you were a quality journo when the reality is you're Mark Robinson.

Weak as piss, TFB. Here I was thinking you were a quality journo when the reality is you're Mark Robinson.
Considering I don't even read neutral match threads, that's probably a compliment.

Welcome one and all to the final episode of Talking Qooty before the mid-season break. As always beside me is TheFreshBanana and with us is BigJoeD and invinciBlues.

Danoz: Give us a brief run down of your SFA experience so far. What's enjoyable, what's starting to piss you off, how does it compare to the Bay?

iB: It was a bit bewildering at first, but like the Bay once you identify the lions from the gazelles it becomes more interesting. Its enjoyable for me bait and to try to stay "in character" but one of the more annoying aspects would be too often I get dragged in the drudgery of arguing with a poster about "quality" when said poster offers nothing besides snide commentary from the outer.

TFB: Am I a gazelle or a lion?

Joe: I knew this was a trap

iB: At the minute I'd say you're closer to being David Attenborough.

TFB: Good answer, flamingos.

Joe: As someone who posted predominantly on the Bay and the HTB, it was the team aspect that appealed most about the SFA. When I saw the quality FR had recruited, both new and experienced, I was pretty keen to get involved. Like the Bay the SFA has some great posters, but with less skimming.

Danoz: So what will you do to change that?

iB: Change what? The most I can do is redirect the topic of conversation towards a relevant topic. If the other poster insists on rolling around in s**t there's not much else I can do.

TFB: What are your thoughts on the SFA outside of the match threads? Such as the media threads and other threads-that are-posted-as-media-but not-really?

iB: They add a lot of depth if done right. The are some I like and others I just avoid. I think it comes down the effort someone is prepared to put into it. If they only put 5 minutes into it it stands out like dog's balls.

Danoz: In that case how do you rate ClarkeM's and boncer34's recent thread bombardment?

iB: They're not my cup of tea. I prefer the media that adds to the flavour of the Sweet FA, such as your Iron Fist award or fumbler's "Inside Qooty" initiative. The podcast also gives nice running commentary on the state of things as well.

Joe: I like the interviews, all-SFA squads etc - I think they really contribute to the ideal that the SFA is a 'real' league. I like that they give an insight into posters that you may not have played or had much to do with in the match thread.There is some real quality to be found in some of these threads.

Danoz: Have you considered dipping your own toes into the media thread business? I noticed Joe's thread didn't exactly "take off".

Joe: It's a learning experience - to be fair the thread was aimed at getting a few of the rookie posters involved over the split round - in hindsight a bit more work should have gone into it before pulling the trigger. You live and learn.

Danoz: Whatever you do, don't look up the "Fire Sale" thread. Or maybe do, because you may also learn from it, i.e. never, NEVER, do it. You feel that media adds to the general vibe of the league, but do you think any of it detracts, or ostracizes?

Joe: *looks up fire sale thread* Perhaps my effort wasn't so bad? :eek:

Media threads are good value - I'm not sure how they could detract from the league? There have been some recent efforts that I'm not sure that I totally get, ie the ClarkeM or Boncer threads - but then again I am relatively new around these parts.

Danoz: I don't think anyone got those threads. So do you feel like you've settled in now?

Joe: In a team sense, absolutely - I feel we have a strong mix of posting styles and personalities - our team thread and the camaraderie we share in the match threads is really enjoyable.

Apart from the odd hiccup in the match threads, Id like to think I am settling in ok.

iB: Lets have some hard hitting questions. all this what do you like and what you dont is just pussyfooting around. Lets ruffle some feathers here. Come on, come at us hard. Stop dicking about like some teenage boy fumbling his way through his first time and get to the meat and bones about the Warriors.

Joe: I agree with Vinci, bring on a few more saucy questions, eh?

TFB: There's no sauce coming out of the bottle when it comes to you two.

Danoz: Invinci, why are you so sure you're going to win the EKA?

iB: Im not, I just like to stir This Is Anfield up. Why are you using my material?

TFB: So you think he's the favourite for the EKA?

iB: He'd be up there Id say, certainly hard not to notice him

Danoz: I disagree, otherwise there is no point to your tirade on him. So I revisit, why are you so sure you're going to win the EKA?

iB: I'd hardly call that a pointless tirade, sure my line of questioning went to some uncomfortable places but it did put a bee in his bonnet and I did have have fun and wouldve gotten the answers I wanted had you not've come in all white knight to save the day.

And for the record I'll declare right now that Im not a chance for the EKA. Im too polarising with tendencies to ruffle the feathers of the establishment. Look at how easily I've ruffled yours, and I didnt even go after you.

Danoz: You didn't ruffle my feathers mate ;) What's it like playing with thetradesman and eaglesfan99 ?

iB: I obviously hadnt had any experience with them prior, but the progress they've shown from the start to now has been noteworthy. The problem is is that they've got a bit of stigma attached to them, so the first piece of "banter" either of them have to challenge is some campaigner going "herp, youse are s**t posterz". How do you respond to a piece of s**t like that? They just get cut off at the knees without even been given a chance to show themselves. EF99 has now got himself a nice little shtick declaring himself the number 1 left forward pocket in the league, and he gets support from the rest of us. Tradie I feel is still trying to find his feet, but once he figures out his niche he'll be in a good place.

Danoz: I agree EF99 is finally starting to make some sense but still has tendencies to go off the rails. Tradey is a different story completely, I don't feel he came into our match thread with "you're s**t" from us, but his posting hasn't been easy to read. Would you prefer to not have them on your team?

iB: I've already made my thoughts and feelings quite clear. Though, there is a saying about those who live in glass houses, so perhaps we should shine a light back onto your club... Do you feel that Boncer leading into the match thread instead decided to talk about his escapades on the North forum makes for good banter? Or perhaps BlueMaster1 crossing the unwritten line regarding AFL club support as his first shot across the bow? Is there some kind of sanctioning system set in place at the Dragons in order to maintain such high quality banter that perhaps we humble Warriors could learn from?

Danoz: I agree that every team has posters that are harder to banter with, you've mentioned one who has a huge perception of himself, and one who is very new and very young, and I can already see his posting improving from where he began this season, much how you'd see EF99 improving. The situation with Tradey is slightly different however, as he doesn't possess the excuses of young or experienced, yet he still seems to get on the wrong side of the fence, often.

Joe: Both these guys get a lot of s**t in here - the first couple of match threads we had opposition posters specifically targeting them, trying to get a reaction. The same opposition posters would then have a sook about how s**t the match threads were.

I think that approach from opposition posters has waned as the season has progressed, which coincides with both EF99 & tradie's reputations steadily improving. Funny about that eh?

Danoz: I have to disagree. Tradey has regularly commented on how s**t our thread is and I feel a more appropriate tact is to attempt to change something you don't like. What are leaders like you doing to help him change that?

Joe: Does two posts constitute 'regularly'?

Danoz: Him, El Dubya and Reginald Perrin are sticking out like sore thumbs at the moment. What do you guys do to try to change that sort of posting? And to extend, do you feel the same way about the thread?

Joe: Personally I think it's a reasonable thread, people banter in different ways - we have some guys who like to have a crack. Perhaps our blokes are fishing for responses - seems to be a tactic used by at least one veteran Dragon I can think of?

Danoz: Frankston Rover is a captain who fell into his role, not particularly keen on the job but willing to do it to keep the group alive. He'd been a long time away from the game, but now seems to have found his groove, and to me, appears to be quite enjoying where he and your team is at. Clearly he identified expansion as bringing in new talent, rather than recycling old re-runs. When he brought you guys in, was there any thought into how you would approach the league as a team? I.e. was there a conscious decision to go nuts in bay 13 style, or did that just happen?

Joe: Who has gone nuts? This 'Bay 13' stuff is bullshit - we have blokes who push the envelope no matter what board they are posting in.

I know that when FR approached me, he had blokes I knew of from various boards - I knew invinci, I knew FR, I knew zackah, candiehappy, oogac etc - we had these blokes I respected.

I knew SFA about the SFA. We've come in and learnt on the fly - looking around, I reckon we've adjusted ok.

We've just played an aggressive brand of qooty. There are plenty of others who have a crack the same way. Your mob is a good example.

iB: I think there's a misconception that the Sweet FA is far and away removed from Bay style postings, when it really isnt. In fact, the similarities abound. The better posters are generally the ones who can create an entertaining discussion based on an overlooked stat or by challenging a generally assumed premise or fact.

If we boil it down further, its about parading your teams chances while denigrating the opposition in an amusing fashion. You can highlight a players seemingly inconsequential foibles and make a big deal about the club refuses to address the elephant in the room.

I think Frank correctly identified this and has been chastised by those who wouldnt have a clue either way.

Danoz: Obviously I can't speak for others' experiences but for me I've found your approach much more "in your face" than I'm used to. I'm not saying its a bad thing, in fact I feel your group's contributions to the league have kept the fire burning brightly. I'll finish off by asking for your tips for the weekend.

iB: Wonders to take the chocolates as the Gumbies claim thread dominance
Bears and Furies will draw
Roys too classy for the Rats
Dragons win convincingly against a rampaging Okey who bags 9
Warriors by eleventy
Hawks show they've got some fight left and win in a nail biter

Joe: Gumbies to take the moral high ground over issues totally of their own imagination - win by plenty
Furies to inflict more pain on the Bears (in the wet)
Roys to own the Swampies on and off the field
Dragons too strong for the struggling Royals
Warriors to bounce back in emphatic fashion - invinciBlues and eaglesfan99 to kick 12 between them
Demons to have too much class for the Hawks

Danoz: Well guys, I've had a blast and learnt as much about my interviewing skills through this exchange than over the past 12 weeks combined. I hope you've enjoyed the experience as much as I have.

TFB and I will be back in a few short weeks to bring you more in depth thoughts from other posters around the league. Until then, we bid you adieu.

Danoz: Invinci, why are you so sure you're going to win the EKA?

iB: Im not, I just like to stir This Is Anfield up. Why are you using my material?

TFB: So you think he's the favourite for the EKA?

iB: He'd be up there Id say, certainly hard not to notice him
WTF!! Stir me up!!!! I never get ****ing stirred up!!:mad:
Show me one ****ing post where you've ****ing stirred me up!!!!

:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

invinci and BJD topsy-turvying the interview and asking questions to Danoz reminded me of Step Brothers and their job interviews. :D
And I'm impervious to those shenanigans

We totally rocked up in tuxedos too!

AustinDumbJC.jpg

Shock Horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Till the next piece of dribble featuring a Warrior!!

Bubble and Squeak roll into town...

That interview had it all - hard hitting questions, a bit of aggro, some lighthearted chuckles as well as provide a huge amount of information on two of the best rookies running around in the competition.

Great questions, great answers. Just what you want.

Maybe if you two started giving us a bit more than the usual verbal diarrhea we might give you a pat on the back too.

Bubble and Squeak roll into town...

That interview had it all - hard hitting questions, a bit of aggro, some lighthearted chuckles as well as provide a huge amount of information on two of the best rookies running around in the competition.

Great questions, great answers. Just what you want.

Maybe if you two started giving us a bit more than the usual verbal diarrhea we might give you a pat on the back too.

You are very easy to bait FR. Not even difficult. Heck a blind man with no arms and legs, also deaf, half a brain and in a coma could get you to bite.

I agree it was a decent interview but do we always need to see how many Warriors utensils you can fit into your mouth at a time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back