Weezer

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely... *... over the moon. I don't know how I can summarise this, but I'm absolutely excited. The Blue Album and Pinkerton are in that tier that make up my favourite records. And for a very long time, I was so obsessed, I somehow tricked myself into digging a large percentage of their post-90s work.

Jesus, I've been a fan for years, checking up on setlists, watching Rivers' pointless Ustreams... I genuinely thought they'd given up on returning. But to see them play a Blue Album show? And in Perth? It's pretty much dream worthy.

OH. And I'd say they're going to announce a Pinkerton show. The only time they've just played Blue was at some festival last year. They'll announce Pinkerton shows... you wait..

Add to that the fact that I'm going to Radiohead just three months earlier. I'm so looking forward to summer.

1310650820313.jpg

OH **** YEAH!!!!

And playing the Blue Album to top it off? So damn excited, I saw them support Blink back in 09 in the states, they were so god damn fun, have never heard a sing along like the one to 'Say it aint so'!!! Come at me January!!!

Will probably give me a reason to go to the new Perth Arena to see a gig.

second that.
god that place looks terrible though (on the outside)
lets hope the sound is good inside!

=w= first band to play the arena.
see ya there!

pretty cool they will be playing blue. but i hope they play alot from everything. the last few didn't do much for me but i actually really enjoyed red (despite its haters) Maladroit tunes would sound badass live to. Should be a fun gig. Can Dinosaur Jr open please?

second that.
god that place looks terrible though (on the outside)
lets hope the sound is good inside!

=w= first band to play the arena.
see ya there!

pretty cool they will be playing blue. but i hope they play alot from everything. the last few didn't do much for me but i actually really enjoyed red (despite its haters) Maladroit tunes would sound badass live to. Should be a fun gig. Can Dinosaur Jr open please?
It doesn't even look that bad. I'd rather Perth attempt to reinvent itself, rather than continue to be seen as a conservative, backwater town. Meh.

Rivers said that Pinkerton shows would be announced if there was enough demand. I'm pretty sure there will be enough demand.

I don't care how much these tickets will cost, but does anyone know?

And for what's it worth, most shows will get a variation of this:
tumblr_m71oi9EVOA1qblmdco1_500.png

They've been throwing in some pretty cool b-sides and stuff as well. So here's hoping they continue to do "Mykel and Carli," "Susanne," "Jamie," "You Gave Your Love To Me Softly" and those kind of gems.

It doesn't even look that bad. I'd rather Perth attempt to reinvent itself, rather than continue to be seen as a conservative, backwater town. Meh.

Rivers said that Pinkerton shows would be announced if there was enough demand. I'm pretty sure there will be enough demand.

I don't care how much these tickets will cost, but does anyone know?

And for what's it worth, most shows will get a variation of this:
tumblr_m71oi9EVOA1qblmdco1_500.png

They've been throwing in some pretty cool b-sides and stuff as well. So here's hoping they continue to do "Mykel and Carli," "Susanne," "Jamie," "You Gave Your Love To Me Softly" and those kind of gems.

Not bad at all. Will be going along.

Then again, I saw them in 1996....

20081201201137!Hipster.jpg

i would imagine pretty sweet.
did a bit of a search
http://trashy69.blogspot.com.au/2011/01/bootleg-weezer-live-at-planet-nightclub.html

I was 9 at the time:p

01. No Other One
02. Why Bother?
03. In The Garage
04. Falling For You
05. You Gave Your Love To Me Softly
06. Say It Ain't So
07. The Good Life
08. Undone - The Sweater Song
Encore
09. Butterfly
10. Across The Sea
11. El Scorcho
12. Buddy Holly
13. Surf Wax America

I never thought this would ever happen.

The Blue album just edges Pinkerton out as my favourite - I even listened to it today. Some of their best tunes are off Pinkerton ie No Other One, Why Bother?, The Good Life. Setlist would be awesome.

Would have loved to see them in '96.

Falling for you would prob be my #1 =w= tune.
That solo is just so well done

just cause we all love to play the rate game.
Pinkerton > Blue > Green > Red > Maladroit > Make Believe > Ratitude > Hurly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the Blue album and Pinkerton is pretty good too. I hope they don't play too many songs from their other albums as I have never really gotten around to listening to them for various reasons (mainly coz of the bad rep they get)

Post-Pinkerton Weezer is pretty rubbish though. There are some absolute gems ("Pig," "Perfect Situation," "The Angel and the One,") and some really fun pop tunes. But for the most part, their output has been heinously poor. The most disappointing part is that Rivers could write another 10/10 record – he could write a few. He's just way too focused on bland radio-guitar rock.

I think he's just run out of ideas personally.

Raditude was kind of good for the lulz though.
I don't think so. Rivers has trotted out the same old things for years, but he'll put out something like The Greatest Man, and then return to bland guitar music. He's just continually trying to 'perfect' it or whatever.

The guy is currently writing Japanese pop music. He's not running out of ideas.

I really don't think there was too much of a musical transition.

His solo albums contained some of his best work outside of the genre but I've never seen any huge development in his Weezer 'sound.'

I think he gets bored.
red is fun cause its so varied and carefree.. but then with rad the quality dropped..

then i hear a song like tripping down the freeway and i think DAMN.. i just want another 9 pop tunes like that.
i dunno.. he is one of them songwriters who just does what he wants these days.. and people look way to hard into it.

I think he gets bored.
red is fun cause its so varied and carefree.. but then with rad the quality dropped..

then i hear a song like tripping down the freeway and i think DAMN.. i just want another 9 pop tunes like that.
i dunno.. he is one of them songwriters who just does what he wants these days.. and people look way to hard into it.
But it's so laboured and produced, it's not carefree at all. It's contrived. Dude was 40. Raditude is not a good album, it's embarrassing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back