Weitering on Toby Greene, is he in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Serious question...

If he intentionally made contact to the face, as you described, and as a result he inadvertently makes contact with his eye - doesn't that constitute 'intentional'?

Let me rephrase that...

Is it the act that is deemed intentional, or the result?

Like if you bump someone, and inadvertently give them whiplash - because the bump was intentional - you get done right? You don't get off because you didn't intentionally give them whiplash?
Have you been paying attention to other MRO/Tribunal results during the year? Your answer lies there.

Lots of acts that have clearly been intentional, but they are rarely graded as such.
Some, where they were graded intentional, were successfully appealed down to careless, by saying that they intended to push the chest (for example), but didn't intend to get the player high.

Like if you bump someone, and inadvertently give them whiplash - because the bump was intentional - you get done right? You don't get off because you didn't intentionally give them whiplash?
I believe that it is taken into account - if the bump was intentional, then you are liable for the result unless you took all reasonable care, were doing it in defense of yourself or another (to use criminal code terms which the tribunal probably doesn't) and so on.

Stop deflecting. Green isn’t the one on report

No one’s on report yet 🫤Toby could be for a dangerous tackle soon enough though

Not a lot being said about the roundhouse punch to the guts of McGovern in the last that floored him for a couple of minutes post disposing of the ball….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have a philosophical question. Similar to if a tree falls over and nobody is around does it make a sound.

If Mason cox is eye gouged while wearing his speed dealers is it even an eye gouge?

You're saying Greene needs a punch in the face?!!!!!!?!!?!?!
What I was saying was you can't judge the incident based on the time it happened for. They need to judge the action. Most reportable incidents are not prolonged.

What I was saying was you can't judge the incident based on the time it happened for. They need to judge the action. Most reportable incidents are not prolonged.
Seriously I do understand what you mean. Given it wasn't a premeditated malicious act and Weitering was attempting a common action in aid of his team mate who Greene had in a headlock, I can't see how he gets more than a caution to be more careful next time.

I believe that it is taken into account - if the bump was intentional, then you are liable for the result unless you took all reasonable care, were doing it in defense of yourself or another (to use criminal code terms which the tribunal probably doesn't) and so on.

Seriously I do understand what you mean. Given it wasn't a premeditated malicious act and Weitering was attempting a common action in aid of his team mate who Greene had in a headlock, I can't see how he gets more than a caution to be more careful next time.
I think you’re getting too caught up on the headlock thing. It’s completely irrelevant.

Green was the aggressor re the bad McGovern brother. Wietering was the aggressor towards green.

The only situation eye contact like wietering made is ok is if you’re defending yourself against another player and the action is a flailing inadvertent one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one’s on report yet 🫤Toby could be for a dangerous tackle soon enough though

Not a lot being said about the roundhouse punch to the guts of McGovern in the last that floored him for a couple of minutes post disposing of the ball….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
There was nothing in the dangerous tackle. It was a free kick and that's it.
There's also nothing in the punch to gonads.
He tried to punch the ball as Gov ran through and his fist bounced off Gov's elbow.

The headlock was the worst thing he did and that will get zero attention.

There was nothing in the dangerous tackle. It was a free kick and that's it.
There's also nothing in the punch to gonads.
He tried to punch the ball as Gov ran through and his fist bounced off Gov's elbow.

The headlock was the worst thing he did and that will get zero attention.
Yeah …. A lot of little incidents being blown out of proportion …. But any advantage in the EF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back