Toast Welcome ANTHONY CAMINITI

Remove this Banner Ad

Still very raw and has played very little high standard footy.

Just 3 NAB league games after showing a bit at school footy.

Could be a late bloomer, definitely looks to have all the tools

His draft profile says 83kg but he looks to have put on a bit since then
In his interview it sounded like he was confident too, which is always a good sign!

I've watched a lot of footy over the years and have always really hated Carlton so have taken some notice of them.

In saying that, Caminiti reminds me of a cross between Vinnie Catoggio (potentially the hair) and Koutoufides (the height and agility)
with a dash of Ange C (business acumen) thrown in.

Highlights look incredible, great agility, ballsense and overhead prowess.

If he comes good then the decision to hire SOS will be already validated.
he is over pick 100 and he is nearly the last on all club lists. don't get your hopes up. Partially it will depend on how hard he works. he may only have to till the end of this year to make an impression. Highlights usually look good.

he is over pick 100 and he is nearly the last on all club lists. don't get your hopes up. Partially it will depend on how hard he works. he may only have to till the end of this year to make an impression. Highlights usually look good.

Doesn't mean much, Sharman has shown more promise than Paddy McCartin so far.

Will probably depend on how he goes with injuries (plus luck) as well.

Has showed more in one practice match (plus highlights) than Allison ever did. Just because we draft someone high up, doesn't mean he's going to be any good... lets not get into McCartin talk either

Will probably depend on how he goes with injuries (plus luck) as well.

Has showed more in one practice match (plus highlights) than Allison ever did. Just because we draft someone high up, doesn't mean he's going to be any good... lets not get into McCartin talk either

Once we traded a second round pick for a ruckman who was taken number 8 in the draft.
Luckily we also took a rookie ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d hate to see guys like Daicos and Rowell not given the opportunity to have an impact at 18

Yes there are kids that just aren’t ready for afl footy at 18, but unlike 10 years ago there are many more avenues to getting onto an AFL list later in life including the SSP and mid season drafts

Not sure what the stats are but I’d imagine we see more mature players taken now than anytime since the draft was introduced.
Doesn't really matter. You get to see them have an impact at 19 anyway

Doesn't really matter. You get to see them have an impact at 19 anyway
I think it matters. If the kids are good enough to have an impact at 18 then it's exciting to see them in there.

And with more mature players being drafted each year and having so many pathways to get back into the AFL I just don't see how raising the age will make a difference.

I read somewhere that he is now 91kg. The 3 NAB League games were in 2021, in his draft year. In 2022, he played 11 NAB League games as an over-ager, after recovering from a syndesmosis injury. It's worth noting that he has a December birthday, so has only just turned 19. Hopefully SOS and his team have unearthed a diamond in the rough!

I noticed that he has had a shoulder reconstruction (scar on right shoulder) in the past, so hopefully he is past the shoulder issues? I havent seen him play live, but after seeing his NAB highlights and the short training match sim clips with him taking pack marks over Marshall and Howard etc I honestly believe we have found a player. Hopefully he puts his head down and gets a good run at becoming the best player he can be, because its a great football story and he seems a ripping kid!

Going by what his Northern Knights coach had to say the other day, consistency seems to be his main issue. I was at training last Friday and he could not have been more impressive in the match sim. However, on Monday it was a slightly different story. Now that he is in an elite system, with increased fitness and the quality of coaching he will get, hopefully he will produce Friday's efforts more often than not.
For what it's worth, I also found it interesting that his coach said that in his early to mid teens he was into athletics, including high jumping!! He certainly does move well for a big kid!

I think it matters. If the kids are good enough to have an impact at 18 then it's exciting to see them in there.

And with more mature players being drafted each year and having so many pathways to get back into the AFL I just don't see how raising the age will make a difference.
why stop at 18 then? why not 17? I'm sure Daicos and Rowell could have had just of much of an impact at 17 just like Watson & Harvey did back in the 80's at 15 & 16. Hell even Hannebery was still at Xavier College in Melbourne whilst playing for Sydney.

I'd say there's more kids at 18 who aren't ready then there is who are ready, which is my exact argument.

why stop at 18 then? why not 17? I'm sure Daicos and Rowell could have had just of much of an impact at 17 just like Watson & Harvey did back in the 80's at 15 & 16. Hell even Hannebery was still at Xavier College in Melbourne whilst playing for Sydney.

I'd say there's more kids at 18 who aren't ready then there is who are ready, which is my exact argument.
18 makes sense because that is when they finish school and ready to enter the world.

Whilst a lot aren’t ready for senior footy at 18 from day one, most are ready to be on an AFL list, train with AFL players, play reserves and learn from the best.

I just don’t see what we’d get out of raising the age. It’s not like anyone not drafted at 18 is told to give up and find another career.

Our list proves that missing out on the draft does not mean you won’t make it to the AFL.

We now how 11 players on the list that weren’t drafted at 18, two of them all Australians.

And at the same time we had 3 players at 18 play a fair chunk of footy who are well positioned for this year.

9pe99p5.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back