Player Watch Tom Doedee - Departed for Brisbane, End of 1st Round FA Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

. Yes kpf's more valuable than kpd's, so why did Carlton take weitering? It's because he was the better player and could be a future captain
Schache was also pretty open about saying if he went to Brisbane there'd be no go home factor and he would love it...................also some clubs prefer a rebuild from defense to midfield and forwards are last building block

As a defender, SOS probably thinks that way ......it really was line ball between each player though

Young Tom seems to be a bit of a UK fan. Very smart kid! And look at that smile, he is loving it!
Think Tom was just hoping to get drafted .....understand he was gobsmacked when his name came out

Good luck to him .....hope he gives 100% effort

Because Ogilvie said they changed their order of preference after receiving a medical report last Friday, the same time as Burton was doing medical tests. We didn't take burton so you can draw the conclusion that if the report changed their order of preference it wasn't positive.

are you sure you haven't just made this up?

where did he say this.

Pdub don't hide from this one. Is this another of your fibs, or did this happen? Will happily apologise, but if this were true I don't think the argument about burton would have the same tone everyone else has taken.

So if these experts being ex players in the media, and media experts are completely wrong we will be right. These guys don't deliberately make things up their giving their informed decisions as a AFL follower I would rather believe what comes out of their mouths instead of anonymous BF posters.

The term "experts" is being used incorrectly in this sentence.

Ex-players and journos are not experts, AFL recruiters are.

Oh sorry I'll read bigfooty instead of the major papers much better to believe a bunch of anonymous posters
You think the club got it wrong? With the limited knowledge I have, I think I feel the same way. But I just don't know enough about what the recruiters had in mind and how they want to use him. Problem is unless you're in that inner brains trust we are simply left to either have faith in them or not. If they had picked up someone that was touted to be in that top 20 I think all our minds would be at ease. This one is definitely out there so it could well be a hit or miss. I understand your concern because if this is a miss then it is a wasted first round pick. Seems crazy the more I think about it.....but again without knowing the strategies behind it I can only go with....ummm....really? I'd be keen to revisit this thread in a couple of years. Hope the kid shows us why the club invested so highly into him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think any rational person can think we ignored players we ranked higher to draft a player we liked less. That did not happen

We took the guy we rated as best available. If a bunch of uninformed ****s don't have him on their lists, that says more about them than him

That is very well said!. I wish we had done the same thing instead of going with the experts when the selectors chose the likes of Sellar, Meesen etc..

That is very well said!. I wish we had done the same thing instead of going with the experts when the selectors chose the likes of Sellar, Meesen etc..

One flaw of Fantasia was that he had a weird fetish for tweeners like players that were too small to ruck, yet weren't natural as forwards.

I believe it is in response to me having a crack at his habit of posting one liners and nothing else

Get over yourself, Leo but at least we haven't heard as much of your garbage so that's not necessarily a bad thing

PS. You don't need a smarmy comeback, you won't look any less intelligent but I'm sure you won't be able to help yourself

BTW, I'm glad that you've introduced a limit because you obviously like making the forum a s**t experience for everyone else.

Last edited:
Get over yourself, Leo but at least we haven't heard as much of your garbage so that's not necessarily a bad thing

PS. You don't need a smarmy comeback, you won't look any less intelligent but I'm sure you won't be able to help yourself

BTW, I'm glad that you've introduced a limit because you obviously like making the forum a s**t experience for everyone else.

Not sure you're doing yourself any favours here

Not sure you're doing yourself any favours here

Thanks Colonel. You don't most of the time

If someone wants to have a go at me over something so trivial, I have every right to stand up for myself.

One flaw of Fantasia was that he had a weird fetish for tweeners like players that were too small to ruck, yet weren't natural as forwards.

<flame suit on>
People forget that Rendell shared this view too.
His greatest ever draft pick was McKernan (in his own words).
He predicted the death of 200+ cm ruckmen as they were one trick ponies and thought tweeners like McKernan had the athleticism to be more useful around the ground. Interesting theory but it never really panned out that way.

This is an honest question, how has Collingwood's drafting (not trading) been since Rendell's been there, in your view? I ask partly because I haven't followed it and am curious for the facts but also, from what little I understand of their drafting, it has only been about competition average I would say.

I remember when Collingwood got him, their board was proclaiming they had two of the best three recruiters in the league (Wells being the other). It is important to remember that Hines is the man in charge (I believe he still is).

2013 they got Scharenberg and Freeman with their first rounders. Freeman was a terrible choice for them, but Scharenberg's injuries could not be anticipated. They also picked up Langdon with late a late pick. 2014 they got De Goey and Moore. Blind Freddy would take Moore as a F/S at 9, but De Goey looks the goods, so that goes in their favour. Also got Maynard, who has played.

So overall, nothing too impressive in the years since Rendell got there.

<flame suit on>
People forget that Rendell shared this view too.
His greatest ever draft pick was McKernan (in his own words).
He predicted the death of 200+ cm ruckmen as they were one trick ponies and thought tweeners like McKernan had the athleticism to be more useful around the ground. Interesting theory but it never really panned out that way.

There is truth in what he says (not about big guys dying, but the tweeners usefulness). The problem was that he was Shaun Mckernan, not Corey McKernan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back