Toast Welcome Jayden Hunt (Unrestricted Free Agent)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome aboard.

Contrary to most on the WC forum I dont mind this pick.
Cost us nothing in draft capital, opportunity cost is nothing more than a list spot.
Certainly brings some skills that we are deficient in, namely genuine speed and the ability to two way run.
He has the ability to run and carry, which is a skill set we are short on.
Can lay a tackle and he uses his pace to chase and run down player and then tackle them….. a few of our forwards could well take note of how effective pace can be well used to chase and run down opponents running out of our forward line.
Can play HBF, Wing and HFF.

All the spud talk is nonsense he has played 20+ games each year for the last two years in a side that has made the eight and won a Premiership, that’s commendable.

Sure by no means a superstar, but he will be a solid role player in an age bracket that we are light on.

Hope he has a good career with us.

Go the headband and long sleeves. 👍

Last edited:

I had Jayden Hunt in my top 5, so this is a good result.

Decent acquisition for free. Third round compo means he’s probably not on anything ridiculous.

Strengthens the squad for the time being and, even though he’s a little on the older side, he should add a bit of rebounding that we sorely lack.

Hardly a list changing move but you can’t go broke making a profit.

Pretty handy pickup considering we pay nothing draft wise for him. Genuinely skilled and fast both things in short supply at the Coasters. Past his first 100 games and at 27 still got a few years to go in his peak output. Great pickup.

You need players like Hunt when you're rebuilding. He wont be at the club when we're contending again so I dont understand the concern in his signing.
I think you’ve found it.

Obviously there’s a middle ground between play the veterans and go full expansion era GC playing teenagers everywhere, but where that sweet spot lies depends on each person’s perspective.

Could argue it’s a waste of games that could be pumped into someone else. Could argue that a more competent output from a team helps the kids develop, and a bit of dash and rebound is best for everyone’s growth. Just depends who you ask I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three years. Enough time for younger guys to develop and eventually push him out of the side

If we get 50+ solid games out of him it’ll be viewed as a good acquisition especially if he helps establish a revamped game plan

2BC88C6C-C2C8-4E53-B0B1-7675707048D5.gif

Pretty handy pickup considering we pay nothing draft wise for him. Genuinely skilled and fast both things in short supply at the Coasters. Past his first 100 games and at 27 still got a few years to go in his peak output. Great pickup.
He's not even close to genuinely skilled. His disposal is below average.

He chose the Eagles so must be intelligent at least lol
I'll reserve my judgement atm. Could be a good pickup, provding speed and effort. As long as he doesn't take a developing postion from a Bazzo or Hough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back