Toast Welcome Jayden Hunt (Unrestricted Free Agent)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do this for us and I'll love him forever

No wonder those campaigners only won one flag.

If...
watching future Eagles legend Jayden Hunt kick a barrel from nearly 75 out to bring the margin back to a respectable 4 goals didn't leave them inspired and primed for a stunning fourth quarter comeback (they lost by 46 that night)
then...
it just highlights a real lack of want and desire at Demonland.

[/floggo barrett]

Welcome to the Eagles Rex. We hope whichever arm you prefer to lift premiership trophies with is ready to get a good work out.

Some phantoms had him in the top 10 free agents, so this is a good F.A pick up. 👌
Free is good.

Dumbness aside, we're slow and just had our best tackler retire so you can't complain at a free agent with that skill set.
Had a pretty ordinary year though, so he'll fit right in.
I had him top 5

I need educating here..........Why did we have to part with pick 52 for an unrestricted and uncontracted free agent?

Very happy with this pick-up. We just cut Naish so if you see him as a similar type then he's a big upgrade for nothing other than a higher salary (and not excessively higher based on compo pick).

He is strong in areas that we currently lack and 20+ games in a premiership/top 4 team shows he's no mug.

I need educating here..........Why did we have to part with pick 52 for an unrestricted and uncontracted free agent?
We didn’t. Melbourne receive it as compensation, that is to say the AFL created the pick and inserted it into the draft order, bumping the picks behind it down. If Melbourne sign some free agents, they’ll likely lose that pick.

Our draft hand stays unaffected (well, our picks after 53 might be bumped down one spot).

We didn’t. Melbourne receive it as compensation, that is to say the AFL created the pick and inserted it into the draft order, bumping the picks behind it down. If Melbourne sign some free agents, they’ll likely lose that pick.

Our draft hand stays unaffected (well, our picks after 53 might be bumped down one spot).
Pick 75 becomes pick 76

Oh noes

Pick 75 becomes pick 76

Oh noes

In 2009, pick 75 was Josh Thomas who played 123 games for Collingwood, while pick 76 was Shane Thorne who didn't even debut for the Dogs. Why are we glossing over this pick downgrade?

All things considered, seems like a good fit to help this team transition to where it wants to be.
Regarding the comparisons to Naish, why was Naish let go? He had a lot of attack and endeavour...his finishing skills, kicking? I know he didn't play again in the latter part of the season...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am now educated ... cheers

Seen a lot of Melbourne over the last 7 years. Hunt has a lot of good attributes and is a more well rounded player than he gets credit for. Can be an effective half forward option too which is more than we can say about our other backmen (other than GOAT swingman Rotham).

He will scrub a few disposals when he’s running at full pace but at least they will be forward disposals and not sideways/backwards

310330101_6008799012485459_6243537682479847809_n.jpg

:moustache:

Welcome aboard.

Contrary to most on the WC forum I dont mind this pick.
Cost us nothing in draft capital, opportunity cost is nothing more than a list spot.
Certainly brings some skills that we are deficient in, namely genuine speed and the ability to two way run.
He has the ability to run and carry, which is a skill set we are short on.
Can lay a tackle and he uses his pace to chase and run down player and then tackle them….. a few of our forwards could well take note of how effective pace can be well used to chase and run down opponents running out of our forward line.
Can play HBF, Wing and HFF.

All the spud talk is nonsense he has played 20+ games each year for the last two years in a side that has made the eight and won a Premiership, that’s commendable.

Sure by no means a superstar, but he will be a solid role player in an age bracket that we are light on.

Hope he has a good career with us.

Go the headband and long sleeves. 👍

How can anyone be upset about bringing in a player that is better than 70% of your existing list? Great get in my view. Hopefully the MC will let him play how he plays and not how we play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back