Toast Welcome Jayden Hunt (Unrestricted Free Agent)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hurn yes, but Duggan and Cole I'm not sure. I think we forget Cole's form pre-injury. He's a pretty important player if he can get his body right.

Either way, I imagine Hough, Hunt, and Jones will be fighting for the same structural position. I also imagine the list selectors delisted Nelson (a half back/winger) with the intention of replacing that spot with Hunt (an upgrade).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not wanting a drop off of Cole and Duggan - may they get better and better and be part of our next premiership!
My point is I'd like to be bullish on the Hough and Bazzo selection as I reckon they've shown plenty this year - and that is recognising that it is harder to show your wares when the whole team is crap.

So rather than wanting a drop off of ANYONE I'm just hoping we've nailed some good draft picks in our first rebuild year (last year) and that does mean eventually someone has to give way. Also can't wait to see if we got it right also with Chesser.
Culley seems to have already shown the goods imo, willing to bet he's a locked in B22 moving forward.

I was dubious about this recruiting decision. But as a free agent he didn't cost us any draft picks, he's (reportedly) not on a huge salary and he'll instantly be a best 22 player... so it's hard to complain too much. More importantly, though... I love the talk about having a more attacking game style. For all the bitching and moaning about Simpson, it sounds like they are making moves behind the scenes.

Considering you got him for free you could do worse. I think he played with a lot more conviction for us this year and tbh prefer to keep him. He should be good to watch at Optus when he puts the skates on.

Remember watching a game this year and thinking what a knobhead the bloke with the headband looks...but now he's OUR knobhead and headbands are making a huge comeback!

I heard an interview with him on sen and it sounded like he was retiring the headband thank *, they should not let him walk into mineral resources with that terrible thing

Hope he tears it up

It can only be a good thing if a player from Victoria comes over here and succeeds especially if he talks up the lifestyle. Will make it easier to entice other players over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope he tears it up

It can only be a good thing if a player from Victoria comes over here and succeeds especially if he talks up the lifestyle. Will make it easier to entice other players over
Xavier Ellis came over all those years ago and loved it so much, he stayed permanently and now has a radio gig. I'm not sure that's helped us recruit any other Victorians though.

Wow just did a bit of reading, I had that wrong I thought he’d played WAFL in WA before getting drafted to North, my bad.
Futurama Squinting GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back