List Mgmt. Welcome Jordyn Baker (Category B Rookie)

Remove this Banner Ad

ANNOUNCEMENT

The 2024 player sponsor for Jordyn Baker ....

Advertising GIF by drumroll

... is ....

(no, not Conan Obrien ... I mean Frederico_WA )

The wing spot is ready for him to claim.
Will be competing vs Chesser and Burgiel I reckon.
I think Jordyn Baker will really come on this year, and show he's a worthwhile squad member. Very talented kid, who I reckon could make it into the best 25 come 2025.
As someone with only a passing interest in the WAFL side, he statistically seemed to have found form across the back half of the 2023 season. Definitely building year on year and still only 19. Positive signs.

His strengths as a junior winger were his defensive/tackling craft. If he adds a few kgs and works on his tank, he'd be in with a shot for debut.

As someone with only a passing interest in the WAFL side, he statistically seemed to have found form across the back half of the 2023 season. Definitely building year on year and still only 19. Positive signs.

His strengths as a junior winger were his defensive/tackling craft. If he adds a few kgs and works on his tank, he'd be in with a shot for debut.
We probably need another half back flanker, so that is pretty good news.

Do you think Baker being moved to the rookie list from the Cat B list, in lieu of Dewar, is a sign of:

1 - He has surpassed Dewar and is closer to senior games.

2 - Dewar is ahead and more likely to play games. As Cat B salary doesn't count towards overall TPP, the player on the Cat B list is more efficient for opening up minor cap space. I imagine they're both on the minimum $5k match payment on top of their salary.

3 - Nothing, you're other thinking it. Just moving pawns around to get Livingstone in for free.

I hope it is number one and we see him add something to the list.

Do you think Baker being moved to the rookie list from the Cat B list, in lieu of Dewar, is a sign of:

1 - He has surpassed Dewar and is closer to senior games.

2 - Dewar is ahead and more likely to play games. As Cat B salary doesn't count towards overall TPP, the player on the Cat B list is more efficient for opening up minor cap space. I imagine they're both on the minimum $5k match payment on top of their salary.

3 - Nothing, you're other thinking it. Just moving pawns around to get Livingstone in for free.

I hope it is number one and we see him add something to the list.
Last year, Baker looked a lot closer to debuting than Dewar.
Showed some potential in a couple of games and a couple more of injuries could've seen him debut due to lack of numbers.

I'd prefer lock-down back pocket to half back flanker. His strength is his defensive work and we sorely need someone capable of shutting down a small forward.

We do, that's Hough.

Hough is our best small forward shutdown player IMO, he's got the athleticism, discipline and agility. Surpassed Duggan and Cole IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back