Coaching Staff Welcome Leon Cameron as Coaching Director of Swans Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't say 'lucky'.. Id call it as the result of a very well run club.
We now have three senior coaches in our coaching staff,, all of whom have taken their side to the grand final
I meant us, the people who support the Swans are lucky!

When you choose your club, you don't do so on the basis that it's a well run club with an economic, behavioural, cultural and employment profile to be proud of. It's something you come to recognise over time being a supporter.

So yes, imo, it's sheer luck! While I agree with what you've said (except the luck bit), for me this was not why I picked the Swans, was certainly not true for about the first 20 years that I followed them... Lol!

What club is that ?
GWS? Sure, didn't get the success that they wanted (should've had a premiership between 2016-2019 but that's a story for another time) but the amount of very good-elite players that were drafted and then played under his tutelage was many. Was also able to get the best out of older players like Shaw and Mumford.

Even looking at their list this season, there's a lot of non-first/second round picks that have developed into at least very good players.

GWS? Sure, didn't get the success that they wanted (should've had a premiership between 2016-2019 but that's a story for another time) but the amount of very good-elite players that were drafted and then played under his tutelage was many. Was also able to get the best out of older players like Shaw and Mumford.

Even looking at their list this season, there's a lot of non-first/second round picks that have developed into at least very good players.
They were gifted , so to me they don't rate , s**t club , no soul or culture

I meant us, the people who support the Swans are lucky!

When you choose your club, you don't do so on the basis that it's a well run club with an economic, behavioural, cultural and employment profile to be proud of. It's something you come to recognise over time being a supporter.

So yes, imo, it's sheer luck! While I agree with what you've said (except the luck bit), for me this was not why I picked the Swans, was certainly not true for about the first 20 years that I followed them... Lol!
You didn’t do an extensive audit and due diligence before taking the role as fan of the Swan?

I'm very whelmed about this appointment. Never been convinced about Cameron. With the midfield core they have the Giants should have been a lot more dominant.

Still, for our academy it's a great appointment. We would struggle to get experience in that role

I posted yesterday that the Swans were a well run club, and thats one reason we now have three senior coaches amongst our coaching staff.

Compare that to the bombers, who have zero! ,, and cant get one haha.. hilarious

Lucky/grateful I wasn't born in Essendon

I posted yesterday that the Swans were a well run club, and thats one reason we now have three senior coaches amongst our coaching staff.

Compare that to the bombers, who have zero! ,, and cant get one haha.. hilarious

Lucky/grateful I wasn't born in Essendon
Leon always struck me as a thoroughly decent man. I welcome him.

Announcement from Charlie Gardiner:
VFL Coach Damien Truslove
Development Coach Amon Buchanon
Academy Head Coach Mark McVeigh
Wow!

So swapping coaches with GWS basically.
I wonder how much of it was by necessity, ie lack of better alternatives. I can't imagine we looked at GWS' last few seasons and thought, "That's a coaching staff we've gotta raid."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how much of it was by necessity, ie lack of better alternatives. I can't imagine we looked at GWS' last few seasons and thought, "That's a coaching staff we've gotta raid."
Looking at the positions they've all taken a big step downwards except Truslove. None of them in the line, which IMO is a good thing. It will be very interesting to observe.

Looking at the positions they've all taken a big step downwards except Truslove. None of them in the line, which IMO is a good thing. It will be very interesting to observe.

Where is Cameron?

Announcement from Charlie Gardiner:
VFL Coach Damien Truslove
Development Coach Amon Buchanon
Academy Head Coach Mark McVeigh
Wow!

Delighted Amon is there. Got the utmost from himself.

Unless I've missed something, see name on thread title above, our Academy coaching director.
I was just testing you. As if I'd miss something that obvious...

Disappear Homer Simpson GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back