Welcome Welcome to Adelaide: Daniel Curtin - Pick 8

Remove this Banner Ad

All I was told was that he had dislocated his knee on Wednesday. Feared the worst when I heard the news, but then was followed up on Thursday with that he's just strained something and was walking that day. That's all I got though. It was nice to be in the know for once especially considering I am a huge fan of his. :)
A true knee dislocation involves the femur, tibia and fibula and is a major injury - no way he'd be running on it so soon
A patellar dislocation is relatively minor in comparison
A strained knee involves stretched ligaments, tendons, muscles, maybe the joint capsule

My money is on one of the last 2.

A true knee dislocation involves the femur, tibia and fibula and is a major injury - no way he'd be running on it so soon
A patellar dislocation is relatively minor in comparison
A strained knee involves stretched ligaments, tendons, muscles, maybe the joint capsule

My money is on one of the last 2.
Either the last one or a bit of patellofemoral irritation from overload that needs a weeks rest

Doubt if it’s any more serious than that but we shall see

Imagine a Showdown shootout, Gill vs Butcher. :D

Unfortunately their careers never crossed paths at AFL level.:huh:
& now we have Harry McKay who is entertaining to watch.

Goes around the corner from 15m straight in front... & misses lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine a Showdown shootout, Gill vs Butcher. :D
That would actually be a really fun pre-match Showdown activity. A goal kicking competition, Gill vs Butcher.
Bit of a laugh for both fanbases. Both players were something of cult heroes and hopefully have a sense of humour about their goal kicking prowess.

You should email the club with that idea

They could do it before each Showdown. Betts vs Motlop from the boundary.

That would actually be a really fun pre-match Showdown activity. A goal kicking competition, Gill vs Butcher.
Bit of a laugh for both fanbases. Both players were something of cult heroes and hopefully have a sense of humour about their goal kicking prowess.

Betts & Motlop would score more goals from the boundary than Gill & Butcher from straight in front of the goals!

Gill had the unique talent of being the only player I'd prefer to see handball to someone else while lining up for a shot in the goal square.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back