Toast Welcome to Carlton Billy Gowers Pick 6 Rookie draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice little highlights package suggests that there is every chance he could make it at AFL level with steady improvement.

Seems athletic and with tidy disposal, continuing the theme of drafting quality ball users this draft period.

Welcome Billy!

BGowersArticle_620X370.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like the look of this guy. At times reminded me a bit of a young Bryce Gibbs (in terms of his movement). Has a good frame and shouldn't have any trouble bulking up.

Interesting that he was Rodgers' next pick.
Billy Gowers – Vic MDOB 10.6.1996 Height: 184cm Weight: 81kgA versatile and very well balanced medium midfielder that reads the play exceptionally well. Possesses excellent foot skills on either side of the body while also showing the ability to mark strongly overhead for a player of his size. Averaging 15.1 disposals for the Oakleigh Chargers this year. Son of former Hawk Andy Gowers.

Is he 184 or 187?

BILL GOWERS
Position:
defender
Height: 184cm
Weight: 81kg
Club: Kew Comets JFC/Xavier College

“Bill’s almost a perfect AFL prototype. At 187cm, he’s a good athlete and kicks the footy really well. He plays on a wing or as a running half back, but he’s also very versatile.
“He just needs to work on some of his decision making.’’

I think the concern (from what I've read) is not the talent (he is highly rated for that), it's more an issue of not showing that talent for 4 quarters. No reason why that can't be fixed @ AFL level.

From Caz

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-14/ ... highlights

I will be the 1st to admit I am pretty excited about getting Billy. His best could be anything. Check out the footage at the 2 min mark where he glides through the middle and hits up a target. The goal on his left from 45 is also a gem.

He is a beautiful kick. At times he can be Nathan Buckley like the way he can drill it flat of 40. He's strong and powerful and has excellent balance.

I saw him kick 8 in a half for his Private school last game of the year. That included 2 from CHB in the 1st Q and 6 from CHF in the 2nd quarter. He was unstoppable. Yes I know it was school football but is was still the 'Billy Show' on display.

As SR has said, he was next on the list at the National Draft. Terrific get.
clap.gif
clap.gif

Best Billy will be great to watch.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Regards Cazzesman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back