Coaching Staff Brendon Bolton - Senior Coach - Locked in until end of 2020 (23/5/18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
True but at the same time the amount of positive crap written on him from one press conference or the words he uses are just as bad as not liking him.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Well to be honest he has said more intelligent and meaningful things in his only couple of press conferences than Malthouse, Ratten, and Pagan said combined!

Yep, and I'd much rather he simply politely say "I think I've answered that already, next question."

Like I said, zero-pressure situation. Obviously BB didn't bite his head off, but it was needless, and certainly didn't prove he can be tough when he needs to be.
Getting snappy at reporters - especially during a puff interview - just smacks of Malthouse. It's old-school and does nothing for the coach's image or our relationship with media.
I don't think he'll end up like Mick, I reckon he was just showcasing his wares as a new coach (including his overuse of buzz words to show how articulate he can be). I guess not being an ex AFL player, and with all the fuss about him being an educator, he feels the need to give an example up front, but I doubt it will continue on. He seems very direct and no-nonsense to me.

Our coach is a real keeper! I love what he is bringing to this club!!!

Such a simple idea but a really awesome initiative! United Carlton!

http://m.carltonfc.com.au/news/2015-11-16/an-experience-ill-never-forget

Yeah I read the whole article and thought damn that's one way to :

- Force people within the club to intermingle so every facet of the organisation feels inclusive. I guess it would definitely bolster the comradery and sense of belonging or ownership if you will, throughout all levels of the club. It will also put on notice the office "lurkers" that would otherwise be invisible and hence unknown to the majority of the players.

- I think it sends a hugely strong message to the fan base and general football public that everyone within the club is on board the carlton bus and would probably have a profoundly positive impact to membership sales.

- I'm liking Bolton more by the day. We haven't seen his game plan and counter strategies yet but damn ... I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

EDIT: ..... maybe the board should take a good hard look at this inclusive thingie ..........

Last edited:
Bolts does seem media savvy to me& as what I've seen from him til now speaks well in front of the Press, no doubt we shall see how he goes when the real stuff kicks on but I feel confident Bolts can hold himself quite well;).

I love the way he introduced Cuningham to the group today. There are doubts on this kid's kicking and the coach put it on him and he delivered. It could well make him as a player. The players all understood what he'd done. This kicking under pressure in front of the group is a new tactic they are using at the Blues and Bullants. Great team building exercise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like this bloke - a great ambassador for the Club and not full of himself and his importance. I can feel the sun shining down at Princes Park for the first time in many years.
For the first time in a while I think we have the coaching appointment right, I think many will be surprised at how competitive we will be the next couple of years.

For the first time in a while I think we have the coaching appointment right, I think many will be surprised at how competitive we will be the next couple of years.

This. I dont think we have as bad a team as many seem to think. I think many players became disheartened and demotivated over the last two years, and i think our player development has been rubbish. All that seems to have been overhauled, and we've drafted/recruited well - i think its great the new coach was actually around for the draft this time and not on a book tour. We might surprise a few.

You notice immediately with Bolton that he has a very clear message and communicates it a positive yet assertive manner.

I had no idea what Malthouse was on about half the time.

I can see Bolts is going to be on a hiding to nothing with some of our supporters. I'm wondering how many losses it will take next season before the knives come out from some of our supporters.

Not this little black duck...I am completely committed to this new process and it will be two seasons before I even consider unsheathing the knife.

This. I dont think we have as bad a team as many seem to think. I think many players became disheartened and demotivated over the last two years, and i think our player development has been rubbish. All that seems to have been overhauled, and we've drafted/recruited well - i think its great the new coach was actually around for the draft this time and not on a book tour. We might surprise a few.

Plus, we got absolutely murdered on the injury front last year - Gibbs missed a large chunk and Thomas barely sighted. We're a considerably different side on the basis of those two being fit alone.

Plus, we got absolutely murdered on the injury front last year - Gibbs missed a large chunk and Thomas barely sighted. We're a considerably different side on the basis of those two being fit alone.

Thomas doesn't do his shoulder in the opening minutes, we would have beaten Richmond.
Could have been a very different season.

I can see Bolts is going to be on a hiding to nothing with some of our supporters. I'm wondering how many losses it will take next season before the knives come out from some of our supporters.

He has at an absolute minimum three years (yes, you read that right) before there will be any realistic pressure on him. He has inherited a poor list who finished on the bottom in a club that has been a basket-case for way too long.

No-one in the football world (past, present or future) would be able to do it any quicker or more methodical than Bolton is right now. He is a coach, not a magician.

He will be given total support from me for as long as is needed and I hope I'm not on my own in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back