Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Any interesting outbursts on his Twitter account?

Brayden Maynard @brayden_maynard · May 02
@DThomas_39 Wtf was that Daisy!? I could kick it twice as long on my left when I was in pre-school... #shank #AFLPiesBlues #bringonthesnagsMick

Edit: I made the above up by the way, thought I'd make it clear

Last edited:
10 votes ahead of Angus Brayshaw! Shame he is a "Carlton supporter at heart" according to the article, the club's chief psychologist is going to have to work on that one.
I was sure I read somewhere that he already changed from Carlton to Melbourne when his Dad got a job there...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taken from EBnW posted by Wilko.

Thoughts from Sandy Dragons on Maynard
Moorabbin
Kingston Leader 26 November 2014
LAST year, the Sandringham Dragons had six players picked up in the AFL national draft.
A year on and a similar number of Dragons could be selected in Thursday night’s draft.
“It is a credit to the boys how hard they have worked and also how much their families have backed them up in their pursuit of their dreams,” Dragons talent manager Ryan O’Connor said.
Among the Dragons’ leading draft contenders is a gun left-footer who has been likened to a young Luke Hodge and a young man described as the most complete player in the draft.
The Hodge clone is Brayden Maynard, and the polished star is Angus Brayshaw - both possible top 10 picks.
O’Connor gave the Leader a run down on the Dragons’ draft prospects:
Ed Vickers-Willis: he was school captain of Melbourne Grammar this year so I think his leadership and character is held in very high esteem.
Angus Brayshaw: he has very few flaws in his game. He’s about as complete a player as there is in the draft.
He definitely could have played this year at AFL level so he will definitely be in for a big year next year.
Brayden Maynard: he’s a really exciting player because he’s quite explosive and powerful and has got a beautiful left foot kick and a real feel for the game.
At the moment there are a few traits of a young Luke Hodge with him...there are exiting times ahead for Brayden.
Sandringham Dragons player Josh Clayton will be drafted by Brisbane under the father-son rule.
Other Dragons who are a chance to go late in the draft or as rookie picks include Will Fordham, Michael Manteit, Taylor Grace, Sean McLaren, Harry Dear or Tyler Roos (son of Paul Roos).

Would love seeing Maynard and Abbott cruising across the HBF physically hurting the opposition in a couple years!

Could possibly have modern day bash brothers on our hands!

giphy.gif

So Bucks Kicking Test is Massive Waist of Time?

Not everything is that black and white Dave. The kicking test is just a tool, it gives you an indication, nothing more. Happy to give him a few games before I form an opinion either way.

Well there u go then I totally forgot there was a Peter Maynard who played in Adelaide. Automatically thought Rodney haha. My bad.
I do remember Peter being a big key fwd though.

Rodney. Can you imagine calling a baby Rodney? I reckon Rodney's drop from the sky at age 50 with a mo and paunch. You never see a baby Rodney.

Anyway we have a new left footer at the club who can roost it a-bit so cant wait to see Bray play next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back