News Welcome to Collingwood - Jesse White

Remove this Banner Ad

Played his last game now. Spend all year in the VFL and get delisted.
Quality bump. It's not like there are enough rubbish threads clogging the board at the moment; we need short "this player sucks, I told you so" bumps badly.

Was horrible early and quite ok later in the game, pretty much like the rest of the team. Its his first ever senior game in defence, little wonder he took half a game to settle in.

We have massive issues finding the right ruck/key forward/key defence combination and the revolving door policy of chopping and changing this combination every single week is appalling and gives nobody a chance to settle into a role.

Would much prefer the likes of White/Gault/Witts/Frost were given more than a game or two before being dropped. Now we are talking about dropping Cloke and the knives are sharpening for Moore...all the while Grundy is being belted up with no backup. Theres no long term faith being showed by the coaching staff in the players and its reflecting in their performances.

Was horrible early and quite ok later in the game, pretty much like the rest of the team. Its his first ever senior game in defence, little wonder he took half a game to settle in.

We have massive issues finding the right ruck/key forward/key defence combination and the revolving door policy of chopping and changing this combination every single week is appalling and gives nobody a chance to settle into a role.

Would much prefer the likes of White/Gault/Witts/Frost were given more than a game or two before being dropped. Now we are talking about dropping Cloke and the knives are sharpening for Moore...all the while Grundy is being belted up with no backup. Theres no long term faith being showed by the coaching staff in the players and its reflecting in their performances.
Witts and Frost? Totally agree with you there. White and Gault? Please no, White as a forward I don't mind THAT much, but not as a defender. Just had no idea the poor bloke!

Witts and Frost? Totally agree with you there. White and Gault? Please no, White as a forward I don't mind THAT much, but not as a defender. Just had no idea the poor bloke!

My point was more about stability and enabling the players the confidence to play as if they belonged. I dont care who it is, if they are good enough to get a game (eg Gault in Round one that most people agree he deserved selection)...then they should be good enough to get four games. Thats just the way I think it should be managed as a general rule (injury being the exception).

Too many knee jerk responses. There will be more knee jerk responses this week with Cox coming in...our fifth second ruck in as many weeks!!

Re White - he just isn't a good enough footballer. He's had enough time.
Re the rest of your post - totally agree with the principle. Frost, however, had a very log run in the seniors in a specific role and he hasn't improved over the last 2 years. He's decent backup at worst so I'd be keeping him on the list but he's not out of the side because he didn't get a chance to settle. Not sure about Witts but we can't play 2 rucks. Gault (or preferably as of this week Cox) should be give an extended run to find their feet. If they fail it isn't going to be what costs us playing finals. It must just be what helps us decide that they could be premiership players though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back