Player Watch Lachy Keeffe (Delisted 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

It is very highly unlikely that someone would end up in a mental health facility with ongoing issues as a direct result of just casually experimenting with a bit of coke. It very rarely will happen that way. After prolonged use and becoming hooked, yes you can blame the coke. If it happens after some kind of brief experimentation then 9 times out of 10 it is a pre-existing neurological or mental health issue brought to the surface by the drug. FAR more people end up in mental health units due to alcohol... shall we therefore ban it and demonise ALL who partake in a tipple because for some it causes issues? The issue is the same, the question is the same, the only difference is one drug is legal and one isn't. Spare me you ill-thought out morality.
Amusing that the guy who "liked" your pro-drug post is named Escobar. Just sayin'.

I still rate him as a capable KPD, if not the top shelf player I once thought he might become.

He's being punished and, as was the case with Marley Williams, I trust the club to judge Keeffe's character as they have far greater insight than me and have pretty good form.

It is very highly unlikely that someone would end up in a mental health facility with ongoing issues as a direct result of just casually experimenting with a bit of coke. It very rarely will happen that way. After prolonged use and becoming hooked, yes you can blame the coke. If it happens after some kind of brief experimentation then 9 times out of 10 it is a pre-existing neurological or mental health issue brought to the surface by the drug. FAR more people end up in mental health units due to alcohol... shall we therefore ban it and demonise ALL who partake in a tipple because for some it causes issues? The issue is the same, the question is the same, the only difference is one drug is legal and one isn't. Spare me you ill-thought out morality.
Sensible post

#FreeKeeffe23

Also Essendon's interest explains why we took him so early. Though according to that article it was other clubs' interest in Smith that changed our order, not Keeffe...
Which suggests we were going to take Keeffe, Thomas and then whoever was left, but had to take Smith earlier...

Last edited:
Amusing that the guy who "liked" your pro-drug post is named Escobar. Just sayin'.
"Pro drug post". More like a balanced and accurate response to the hysteria that usually gets talked about this subject. Dabbling in cocaine does not put people in a mental institution. A dose or 2 of heroin wont turn you into an addict. Some will go on a become heavier users and that clearly leads to all sorts of issues. But that a different problem to someone experimenting on a few occasions.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-defender-lachlan-keeffe-20151127-gl9rmk.html

Collingwood used their first selection in Friday's rookie draft on Lachlan Keeffe because they suspected Essendon was interested in the suspended defender.

It is understood the Pies became aware in the lead-up to the national draft that the Bombers were considering Keeffe with one of their late selections, and believed they might take him as a rookie once he was overlooked.

Edit: Apologies, just noticed another article was linked on the previous page. I'm only 3 days late to the party.

What happened to the thomas thread!!??!?!? Lol
It's been delisted.
Rightly so I suspect on where it was going.

Rule: never put anything in writing that would not want read out in court

It's been delisted.
Rightly so I suspect on where it was going.

Rule: never put anything in writing that would not want read out in court
I think in the spirit of who its about it deserves another chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So will people cheer or jeer josh thomas? Does anyone want him to make it?
If he becomes a better person for his travails, who am I to stand in the way of progress.
Wish him well.
To err is human, to forgive divine.

Huh?

Of course I want him to make it! Why would anyone jeer a Collingwood player? He has been put through hell already. Side by side.

I for one think that Josh Thomas will be a great player for us.
Because of what happened yesterday in regards to his thread

Huh?

Of course I want him to make it! Why would anyone jeer a Collingwood player? He has been put through hell already. Side by side.

I for one think that Josh Thomas will be a great player for us.
It'll be interesting to see how our new draftees and rookies go as they'll determine where we go with JT. I honestly don't think JT's kicking efficiency will change and we won't carry both him and TayA when we have recruited guys like Aish, Treloar, DeGoey. He'll need significant improvement in his game IMO to run on as best 22 in the future.

"Pro drug post". More like a balanced and accurate response to the hysteria that usually gets talked about this subject.
I fail to see the benefit in making apologies for people actively breaking the law and threatening their own health, while sustaining an industry which threatens the health of others. Apparently you do, but if you consider that "balance" then you have a tough sell on your hands.

I fail to see the benefit in making apologies for people actively breaking the law and threatening their own health, while sustaining an industry which threatens the health of others. Apparently you do, but if you consider that "balance" then you have a tough sell on your hands.
Funny all I saw was a post discussing the concept of whether using cocaine on a few occasions only had a likelihood of causing someone to end up needing in hospital psychiatric treatment. Doodles correctly pointed out this was incorrect and where someone who used briefly ended up in such a circumstance it was almost always because of some preexisting issue not the drug use.

That's all true and really pretty non controversial. I must have missed the reference he made to apologising for people actively breaking the law etc. Not sure how you draw the inference I support the illegal drug scene because I agree with some of the truths around what these drugs do rather than believe the over the top qualities sometimes associated with them.

What exactly do you disagree with that either doodles or myself have said?

I must have missed the reference he made to apologising for people actively breaking the law etc. Not sure how you draw the inference I support the illegal drug scene because I agree with some of the truths around what these drugs do rather than believe the over the top qualities sometimes associated with them.

What exactly do you disagree with that either doodles or myself have said?
For reference, it was this section;
FAR more people end up in mental health units due to alcohol... shall we therefore ban it and demonise ALL who partake in a tipple because for some it causes issues? The issue is the same, the question is the same, the only difference is one drug is legal and one isn't. Spare me you ill-thought out morality.
Comparing alcohol and cocaine is not as simple as saying one is legal and one is not. For one thing, the manufacture of alcohol and alcoholic beverages is regulated by bodies such as the TGA. Sale of alcohol is taxed and contributes to public funds. The manufacture of cocaine is monitored by nobody without an active interest in selling as much as they can, cut with whatever they want.

The issue with alcohol is one of responsible and moderate consumption, as it is quite rightly more freely and legally available than cocaine. If one is to suggest that alcohol is analogous to cocaine because of the economic burden on mental health, I could just easily argue that Mars bars and Coke are analogous to alcohol due to the diabetes and obesity epidemics. The fact is that alcohol can be consumed responsibly and people are free to exercise their personal liberties in doing so; the same is not true of cocaine because it is dangerous and unregulated. Otherwise, how did clenbuterol happen to be in the product these players consumed?

Comparing alcohol and cocaine is not as simple as saying one is legal and one is not. For one thing, the manufacture of alcohol and alcoholic beverages is regulated by bodies such as the TGA. Sale of alcohol is taxed and contributes to public funds. The manufacture of cocaine is monitored by nobody without an active interest in selling as much as they can, cut with whatever they want.

The issue with alcohol is one of responsible and moderate consumption, as it is quite rightly more freely and legally available than cocaine. If one is to suggest that alcohol is analogous to cocaine because of the economic burden on mental health, I could just easily argue that Mars bars and Coke are analogous to alcohol due to the diabetes and obesity epidemics. The fact is that alcohol can be consumed responsibly and people are free to exercise their personal liberties in doing so; the same is not true of cocaine because it is dangerous and unregulated. Otherwise, how did clenbuterol happen to be in the product these players consumed?
Which is why it should be legalised, then it would be much safer and it would defund criminal drug rings and bring in more tax dollars, everyone wins.

I don't disagree with a lot of what you say there. I do disagree that it's wrong to have an opinion that a lot of hysterical ill informed information is put out there regarding the perils of drug use. To point that out doesn't make someone pro drugs. There are some basis for the comparison of damage caused by alcohol and drugs but as you point out there are also differences. Doesn't mean we can't discuss the similarities without being pro drugs

Last edited:
Doodles said the only difference between drugs and alcohol is their legality. Clearly that is utter bullshit and a pro-drug stance. It's as plain as dog's balls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back