Welcome to Collingwood Travis Varcoe

Where will Varcoe play for Collingwood ?

• Option 1. Forward crumber

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Option 2. Defensive forward

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Option 3. On the wing

Votes: 70 55.6%
  • Option 4. Half back flanker

Votes: 14 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

At first I thought this was a terrible deal (and I would probably have preferred the pick that was on offer) however, he is a straight swap for Lumumba.

We get a player who offers the same pace, better kicking efficiency, 2 years younger and less defensive, more offensive player.

It is a 3 year deal which will bring him to age 30 when it is over. I am coming around to this trade.

He can play HBF, HBF, wing or outside mid, I am happy with this.
only need to see what happened to Melbourne when they got rid of to many senior players. we already have an extremely young squad. quite possibly the youngest now so his experience will be invaluable from a winning culture.

Varcoe has kicked 17 goals in total over the last two seasons.
Hine said he'll be used as an outsider runner on the wing and half forward flank. Wants him to use space and burn. Perfect role imo
But he plays his best footy as a ball carrier.
I just find that he has never been able to find enough footy running off a wing or half back, but he does have X factor and knew his way around the goals a couple of years ago.

I will be pleasantly suprised if he adds to us, but i'm far from banking on it.

So this board is for collingwood SUPPORTERS yeah? I get confused sometimes.

Don't understand the hate. It appears everyone needs to be either Gary Ablett or delisted.

We talked about the lack of pace all year, so we get a player with pace. Also I have noticed that Varcoe occasionally looks where he is kicking so that's an improvement on Harry's last few years!
Depends what Tarvis Varcoe you get.
If he played like he did in the last 2 finals he will fit in.
And Buckley wont be stupid enough to play him down back either. Will play him up forward where he does his best work - defensive pressure and kick goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will only be happy if we play him as a permanent forward crumber.
That's my thoughts. We need another small crumbing forward to help out Elliot. We already have Williams and Langdon down back for run and carry. Don't need another and in any case, half backs can be replaced easily. We need help in forward entries and goal assists and losing Beams makes thing worse for goal opportunities.

Back