Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear!

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember a debut game can mean many things, Jonathan Brown had 1 possession he went on to a great career. I just live the father son rule, it is always great to see the family tradition continue...

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
Cam Mooney had one stat (a free against) in the 99 grand final

Has Gunners ever been in the leadership group? I didn't think he has, or if so, rarely.
So the development stuff is interesting
He has definitely been in the leadership group. At one point pre Sicily he was even being touted as captain I seem to recall but then suffered a serious injury. I don’t know how often it’s been though. I think he made the choice to leave the leadership group. From what I know from someone who knew him at school, formal leadership isn’t his thing. But he seems very comfortable with the mentoring role he’s taken on. Seems a natural.

Last edited:

Fantastic selection. Go well Calsher. Great story. He’s improved so much this year it’s made us all excited as to what his ceiling might be.

As for Gunners, yeah not convinced of his leadership or coaching abilities. He doesn’t look at all comfortable in that role and if you didn’t know better, that might have been the longest chat he’s ever had with him.

Strange take on Jack. I thought last year where, he dropped himself, due to himself admitting that his form didn’t warrant selection, was a good indication of good leadership. As it clearly shows a sense of self awareness, and dropping himself for the betterment of the team is great leadership.

What the club and his team mates has been saying about Jack, is completely different to your opinion. While his form has wavered to what it once was, I think what the video shows is that he does care about the development of the younger generation.

Meanwhile congrats to Calsher and while I’m hoping he kicks 13 on debut, I also know it won’t happen, maybe in a couple of years time! it’s a well deserved moment for him. Hope he has a blast!

Has Gunners ever been in the leadership group? I didn't think he has, or if so, rarely.
So the development stuff is interesting

He has definitely been in the leadership group. At one point pre Sicily he was even being touted as captain I seem to recall but then suffered a serious injury. I don’t know how often it’s been though. I think he made the choice to leave the leadership group. From what I know from someone who knew him at school, formal leadership isn’t his thing. But he seems very comfortable with the mentoring role he’s taken on. Seems a natural.

In the leadership group from 2017. He was vice captain in 2019, stood down in 2020. Captained the side on 3 occasions.

I'm glad someone else took the time to get the facts. Thanks.

Had to google to be sure but I was almost sure he’d captained the side at some point. The last 5 years of any event my brain isn’t remotely reliable so best to confirm!

Strange take on Jack. I thought last year where, he dropped himself, due to himself admitting that his form didn’t warrant selection, was a good indication of good leadership. As it clearly shows a sense of self awareness, and dropping himself for the betterment of the team is great leadership.

What the club and his team mates has been saying about Jack, is completely different to your opinion. While his form has wavered to what it once was, I think what the video shows is that he does care about the development of the younger generation.

Meanwhile congrats to Calsher and while I’m hoping he kicks 13 on debut, I also know it won’t happen, maybe in a couple of years time! it’s a well deserved moment for him. Hope he has a blast!
Unless you're on the losing end, I reckon Norm Smith is about the best medal to win, so he has big footsteps to follow. Also reckon we need to temper our expectations a bit, so let's hope for 8 or 9 on debut.

I am so happy for Calsher and the Dear family. I didnt think he would debut for awhile still, but I am for giving young players the opportunity if they have been putting in the hard work. I will just be glad if he competes well and provides a contest and gives some crumbs to our small forwards. Anything else will be a bonus. Rapt to see Jack give him the news and his words were touching. Looks like he has been a real mentor to Calsher and even though there careers are at different ends of the spectrums, there are parallels between there lives having both lost their father within a few days. Wishing Calsher all the best for his first AFL game and like Jack said hopefully it will be the start of a long career. Beautiful stuff.

I don’t mind if he comes in - but won’t lose my s**t if he doesn’t.
Could lose my s**t if he comes in but

Drunk Drinking Beer GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sure i am one of them. I have egg on my face. I still maintain it wasnt the best choice but how can u not be happy for the kid. I cant wait for him to run out with the team. An emotional moment for him and his family
Who would you select in front of Calsher?

Re BT, he'll probably try a little harder to get it right, because Calsher isn't a dago.

Re Dwayne, I'm expecting at least one Bambi or young fawn reference
Isn't a dago?. That's inappropriate from where I sit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back