Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Connor MacDonald! Extended to 2025!

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me a bit of early Jordan Lewis. Clearly talented enough for full midfield minutes but so dangerous forward of centre he’s going to find himself spending a lot of time rotating through a forward flank.

He’s so quick and clean with hitting up targets inside 50. Surgical.
Great call. Has the same reliability from a set shot too.

Big step forward last game.
From borderline best 22 to in the best 3 on the ground.
Hopefully he can do that again a few more times in the second half of the year and become a must play lock.

How do we get more from CMac? Has had one break out game this year but
hasn’t gone on. Too many games where he seems to be just going.

He seems a bit stuck on a hff - doesn’t seem to be getting much midfield time at all.

Would a short stint down back in a sheezel type role be worth a shot? He likes to run and gun and attack. His contest work probably is not up to scratch but possibly a way to fast track it.

He seems a bit stuck on a hff - doesn’t seem to be getting much midfield time at all.

Would a short stint down back in a sheezel type role be worth a shot? He likes to run and gun and attack. His contest work probably is not up to scratch but possibly a way to fast track it.
Interesting player.
Young enough to be cut some slack about output. Can he find his best more consistently? Is HFF his best spot? Can he transision into a mid and at who's expense?
Big year for him next season.

Need some patience while he builds his tank. He has shown enough when thru the mid at AFL and VFL to suggest he ends up in there permanently.

CMac was the talk of the pre season from memory, and I think adds a bit finesse to the midfield team when he does roll through. He does alright at half forward IMO and has the odd 20 odd disposal game with a goal from there which is above-elite based on the position, however I think ultimately he will build more into a mid with a bit of a half forward split.

CMac was the talk of the pre season from memory, and I think adds a bit finesse to the midfield team when he does roll through. He does alright at half forward IMO and has the odd 20 odd disposal game with a goal from there which is above-elite based on the position, however I think ultimately he will build more into a mid with a bit of a half forward split.
He’s not quite there yet but when he shines he is so bright it’s not funny.
Love his goals on the run and his offensive craft. Could end up a favourite.

CMac - hang out with Wingerz as much as you can and absorb Winger energy.

Interesting player.
Young enough to be cut some slack about output. Can he find his best more consistently? Is HFF his best spot? Can he transision into a mid and at who's expense?
Big year for him next season.

Reminds me a bit of early Jordan Lewis. Clearly talented enough for full midfield minutes but so dangerous forward of centre he’s going to find himself spending a lot of time rotating through a forward flank.

He’s so quick and clean with hitting up targets inside 50. Surgical.
Will Connor MacDonald and Cam Mackenzie be vying for the same type of role, and if so will we be able to carry both?
From those closer to the action, where do the main differences lay between these two?

Last edited:
Will Connor MacDonald and Cam Mackenzie be vying for the same type of roll, and if so will we be able to carry both?
From those closer to the action, where do the main differences lay between these two?

Mackenzie = Mitchell
MacDonald = Lewis
Newk = Hodge

Just need to find our Silk ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does he have tank issues? He's one of the fittest at the club.
Hasn't been any question marks over his fitness since the day he arrived. His limited midfield minutes are all to do with him still working on his effectiveness as a clearance player, which is where he'll end up, but for the moment he can get a bit exposed defensively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back