Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Connor MacDonald! Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think the body-type comparisons are right, but I think the ’forward of centre’ attacking mid as a role is certainly feasible for Connor.

Spends time in the mid and fwd lines, can stream from a stoppage and can bob up for a goal or two in a game - I can see him in this kind of role and the similarities in that sense.

I don’t think the body-type comparisons are right, but I think the ’forward of centre’ attacking mid as a role is certainly feasible for Connor.

Spends time in the mid and fwd lines, can stream from a stoppage and can bob up for a goal or two in a game - I can see him in this kind of role and the similarities in that sense.

Best comparison for mine is Zac Bailey.

I don't think he's never going to be as strong or explosive as JDG, Petracca or Newcombe.

They are just built different to 99% of the footballers in the league.
Interesting comment and agree he possesses a different body (at the moment) but if he is allowed to become bigger and more physical, his speed could be a major point of difference.

Interesting comment and agree he possesses a different body (at the moment) but if he is allowed to become bigger and more physical, his speed could be a major point of difference.
Pretty hard to keep your speed and endurance while getting to the size that Petracca or Jordan De Goey is.

Even someone like Newcombe as strong and has a better tank (imo) but doesn’t have the explosive speed of those 2.

I don’t think he needs to be much bigger at all. Would take away too much from his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty hard to keep your speed and endurance while getting to the size that Petracca or Jordan De Goey is.

Even someone like Newcombe as strong and has a better tank (imo) but doesn’t have the explosive speed of those 2.

I don’t think he needs to be much bigger at all. Would take away too much from his game.
I knew this comment about speed would come up. DeGoey and Petracca are powerful units. CMac will be a little bigger but I don’t think he will grow to a size that will affect his number one attribute, his speed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back