Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

his perceived toughness is slightly overrated imo, he loves the niggle and a scrap. Yet to see him consistently display it in the contest.
He will go back with the flight of the ball harder than anyone else in that backline. Has done it at AFL Level and I saw it often playing league footy for Swan Districts as a 17/18 year old.

Could he become our Harrison Petty? Good mark, beautiful kick, swingman.

Or am I just saying that because they’re both ranga’s? Not sure..

Could he become our Harrison Petty? Good mark, beautiful kick, swingman.

Or am I just saying that because they’re both ranga’s? Not sure..
Potentially, has some of the tools but i think he just needs to be given one end and told to make a spot his own. I still think his future is as a defender but whatever they choose i hope he stays in that position until the end of the season and hopefully beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone have any info about how DGB played today? Scrimshaw getting suspended might give him an opportunity.

Phillips is well ahead of DGB at this stage & should be the more likely you would think, with Scrim out.

DGB looked like someone coming from a long lay off. Needs to get some time into him before you can make any calls or senior involvement.

Phillips is well ahead of DGB at this stage & should be the more likely you would think, with Scrim out.

DGB looked like someone coming from a long lay off. Needs to get some time into him before you can make any calls or senior involvement.

Watched DGB live down at Wonthaggi today. Needs time to get the feel of a game. From what I saw.
Bodie Ryan looks a player.
Morrison in it a bit.
CJ needs another couple of games in the twos.
Ward got well in it. Not sure if he’ll get a call up though.
Wingard. Mmm. Zebras well and truly controlled the whole second half. Lots of listed players just weren’t near it. Very lucky to come away with the win.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thought his use was good- both kicks were very tidy.
Will take time to build into the fitness of it- people seem disappointed because CJ is coming off an injury and performed exceptionally well and comparing that to DGB's output.

Unfair comparison imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back