Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack lacks the physical attributes some small forwards possess ( pace, athleticism) but has a very high footy IQ. Things happen when he touches the pill. I'm sad to see him go. He was the army's favourite so I don't think he'll ever get booed or abused by the Pie fans.

I mentioned it to the Pies fan standing next to me at the QF how loud the cheer was when he came on. I'm rapt to have him, and he lives being at the club he supported growing up, but I've no doubt there'll always be a piece of his heart that's Black & White.

That is why I was suggesting shipping him off to the Bulldogs to play with Bailey not trade for him!
I like players that are good blokes not ratbags!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Probably one of the worst takes this year. That’s saying something after the hypothetical thread 2023. I’ll still stick by it even with projectdingley posting his ridiculous hatred of smith.
On your bike

Rowie having a 'mare on this thread.
All he ever has. Probably doesn't know what country India is in. Every take is a poor one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think his tongue is in a coma
He ruins the women's cricket with his inane drivel. Him and Jason Richardson, which shows how little the tv stations that broad cast it rate women's cricket.

Jason' Richardson's contribution is to say "And ... GONE!" 20 seconds after a catch has been taken.

I don't think anyone is saying he is a gun at all Drewy. But goals are goals, and some blokes know where they are and how to kick them, and we desperately need someone like that so worth a risk.

Jack's still developing. Some may say his goals are "soft" but his fwd craft enables him to understand where he should be positioning himself. Many of Bruest' are similar.
I also think Jack can only grow as a player and person with Bruest, Gunner Moore etc guiding him. Plus he'll know what a real pre season looks like once Sam is through with him. To chase and tackle also comes with fitness so expect Jack to improve in a somewhat linear sense. Plus his natural competitiveness will help during time trials, sprints, etc

I'm personally happy with this trade. Even if he manages 25 to 30 goals for us, I'll be happy and expecting improvement in 2025.

I also think Jack can only grow as a player and person with Bruest, Gunner Moore etc guiding him. Plus he'll know what a real pre season looks like once Sam is through with him. To chase and tackle also comes with fitness so expect Jack to improve in a somewhat linear sense. Plus his natural competitiveness will help during time trials, sprints, etc
Are you suggesting Craig McRae and the premiership coaching staff didn’t put their players through a “proper pre-season” in 2022-23?

Seems an odd view.

Are you suggesting Craig McRae and the premiership coaching staff didn’t put their players through a “proper pre-season” in 2022-23?

Seems an odd view.
Nice one Hedge fund.

I remember at the beginning of the 2023 Pre season some said it was the hardest ever.
Sam is huge on fitness and if you look at our new recruits since Sam came back to our Great Club, most of them 4were elite regarding fitness levels. Example Ward, Long, Weddle, McKenzie, Newk, Worpel, Day, Dylan Moore, Fin Maginness, etc.

The way the game is played it's almost a prerequisite. Even Chol needs to up his fitness levels a little to

Seems an odd view.

Nice one Hedge,
I could be wrong but I recall some of the senior players saying it was the hardest pre season they'd ever been through.

Anyway Sam has seemingly gone for recruits with big tanks.
Ward, Long, Newk, Worpel, McKenzie, Maginness, Moore, C. Macdonald, Day Nash,, Jiath etc.

No point having talent if you can't keep up with your opponent.
Go Hawks.

Jack's still developing. Some may say his goals are "soft" but his fwd craft enables him to understand where he should be positioning himself. Many of Bruest' are similar.

I'm personally happy with this trade. Even if he manages 25 to 30 goals for us, I'll be happy and expecting improvement in 2025.
Have you replied to the correct post? I was replying to Drew. Mine was a reply not a statement post. I agree with all you’ve said, but it was irrelevant to my reply to Drewy.

Nice one Hedge fund.

I remember at the beginning of the 2023 Pre season some said it was the hardest ever.
Sam is huge on fitness and if you look at our new recruits since Sam came back to our Great Club, most of them 4were elite regarding fitness levels. Example Ward, Long, Weddle, McKenzie, Newk, Worpel, Day, Dylan Moore, Fin Maginness, etc.

The way the game is played it's almost a prerequisite. Even Chol needs to up his fitness levels a little to

Nice one Hedge,
I could be wrong but I recall some of the senior players saying it was the hardest pre season they'd ever been through.

Anyway Sam has seemingly gone for recruits with big tanks.
Ward, Long, Newk, Worpel, McKenzie, Maginness, Moore, C. Macdonald, Day Nash,, Jiath etc.

No point having talent if you can't keep up with your opponent.
Go Hawks.
You didn’t answer Hedgefunds question? Do you think Collingwood, do you think the Premiers didn’t do a “proper pre-season” ?

Last edited:
You didn’t answer Hedgefunds question? Do you think Collingwood, do you think the Premiers didn’t do a “proper pre-season” ?
I think he avoided it, because it’s clear they did. A Pies preseason is probably as intense, if not more intense, than ours.

One of the many reasons they won so many tight games when it was on the line. They were fit, focused and very well prepared.

To suggest Ginnavin will get a “real pre-season” at Hawthorn (as opposed to where he’s been the past 3 seasons) is nonsense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back