List Mgmt. Welcome to Richmond Sam Lloyd Pick# 66

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Lloyd
image.jpg

NEW Richmond livewire forward Sam Lloyd has played at more clubs in four years than many players grace in a lifetime.
His amazing journey to the AFL culminated in the Tigers taking him at pick 66 on Thursday, a decision which saw his living room erupt with joy.
Read more

Don't know why but he reminds me of Mark Marenda.

Looks like FJ really didn't rate the kids in the draft going for mature agers with our late picks.
Could be a likely Nahas replacement but with a better mark and bigger body. Highlights don't show his forward line pressure though. Anyone know a little more about him.

Don't know why but he reminds me of Mark Marenda.

Looks like FJ really didn't rate the kids in the draft going for mature agers with our late picks.
Could be a likely Nahas replacement but with a better mark and bigger body. Highlights don't show his forward line pressure though. Anyone know a little more about him.
Kicked a tonne at a young age with Deniliquin Rams in the Murray football League .
Kicked a bag a couple of times this year including once against Coburg . To small to play KP .
Reads the game extremely well not over quick and is of solid build .
Might struggle to play AFL with Edwards there as they are similar although Lloyd is probably a little smarter at reading the game eg. crumbs from pack etc . And probably not as good set shot .
Unusual selection given the RFC list IMO although does suit age bracket .
Good luck to him by all accounts a ripping bloke .

But

He's from Frankston

There goes the culture
I went down and watched his 7 goal haul on a wet and windy day, think the slower pace of the game in the wet helped him, plus he was on Griffiths for a fair few of those goals. He looks promising but I wouldn't expect him to be knocking the door down next year, fitness isn't AFL standard from the games I've seen, hopefully a professional environment can improve that cause he's got great talent.

P.S. I know you were just having a laugh but Frankston's a beautiful place with million dollar property's and views over the bay, get's a bad wrap. Sorry as a resident it shits me when people rubbish it because of a few bad eggs, which all suburbs have.

I went down and watched his 7 goal haul on a wet and windy day, think the slower pace of the game in the wet helped him, plus he was on Griffiths for a fair few of those goals. He looks promising but I wouldn't expect him to be knocking the door down next year, fitness isn't AFL standard from the games I've seen, hopefully a professional environment can improve that cause he's got great talent.

P.S. I know you were just having a laugh but Frankston's a beautiful place with million dollar property's and views over the bay, get's a bad wrap. Sorry as a resident it shits me when people rubbish it because of a few bad eggs, which all suburbs have.

Do you live in Frankston ? Shop lift much?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that we looked outside the box for our late picks. I like that.
Also what odds today's day and age of Fancy names to get Ben,Sam and Nathan.
Keeping it simple tigers,like it :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back