Past Callum Sinclair - retired 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

ZslCYQFE.jpg

Callum Sinclair

Player Profile

Callum Sinclair was traded from the West Coast Eagles to the Sydney Swans ahead of season 2016 and has since played vital roles as a key forward and ruckman. Over his first two seasons at the Swans he played primarily as a forward as Kurt Tippett and Sam Naismith carried the ruck load, but the retirement of Tippett and Naismith’s ACL rupture left him with the chief ruck duties in 2018 and 2019. That was until he dislocated his right shoulder twice in Round 15, an injury that ended his season. Sinclair banked a stellar 2020 pre-season campaign and has a burning desire to play every game at the top level this year. Draft history: 2013 Rookie Draft selection (West Coast) No. 12; 2014 AFL Draft rookie elevation (West Coast); 2015 AFL Draft traded by West Coast for Lewis Jetta.

Callum Sinclair

DOB: 23 September 1989
DEBUT: 2013
DRAFT: 2014
RECRUITED FROM: Beaumaris (Vic)/Port Melb (VFL)/Subiaco (WAFL)/WCE

Last edited:
had a look around at some Sinclair footage, and he looks pretty agile for a big bloke, and likes a tackle. "A poor mans Tippett" someone said, so our struggles against top flight rucks might still exist. Still, at least he's on the park most weeks, and seems to have more strings to his bow than that Essendon ruck, what was his name? Welcome Sinkers. Was thinking if we could ever go with 3 rucks if Buddy is out or something.

Anyone know what the contract will look like?
Probably on several pieces of white paper. The print will most likely be 10 pt black verdant. There will be initials on the bottom of each page with signatures on the last page. Hope that helps ;-).

Sorry, I watched too much Naked Gun, Flying High, etc.

had a look around at some Sinclair footage, and he looks pretty agile for a big bloke, and likes a tackle. "A poor mans Tippett" someone said, so our struggles against top flight rucks might still exist. Still, at least he's on the park most weeks, and seems to have more strings to his bow than that Essendon ruck, what was his name? Welcome Sinkers. Was thinking if we could ever go with 3 rucks if Buddy is out or something.
Definitely an option if Buddy's out. Was a forward for his whole junior career and in the VFL, only really started rucking when he moved to the WAFL and then developed further at the Eagles. He's a natural talent at FF/CHF and has worked really hard to be a combative ruck option. I'd like to see Tippett ruck predominantly and have Franklin, Reid and Sinclair as our three big forwards, with big Sinc rotating with Tippo.

Definitely an option if Buddy's out. Was a forward for his whole junior career and in the VFL, only really started rucking when he moved to the WAFL and then developed further at the Eagles. He's a natural talent at FF/CHF and has worked really hard to be a combative ruck option. I'd like to see Tippett ruck predominantly and have Franklin, Reid and Sinclair as our three big forwards, with big Sinc rotating with Tippo.
Good to have you back mate

We look very strong next year. Strong midfield and forward line. Would like some more run off halfback.

One thing I note - Norf are not a great team IMO but they have one thing (apart from umpire manlove) - numerous tall, strong markers (Brown, Goldstein, Petrie, Waite). Next year - we will similarly be very strong in the air - Tippo, Buddy, Reid, Sinclair with cameos from Parker and IHeeney. A defender's nightmare - imagine your third or fourth best defender taking on Reid or Sinclair, Heeney or Parker. Good luck.

It also means that if we bomb it long aimlessly, the talls might make the kick look better.

Probably on several pieces of white paper. The print will most likely be 10 pt black verdant. There will be initials on the bottom of each page with signatures on the last page. Hope that helps ;-).

Sorry, I watched too much Naked Gun, Flying High, etc.

Surely you can't be serious?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care if he has a small head because apparently he has a big heart.

And I just looked at some of the vids and I actually don't think he has a particularly small head. I think he has a normal sized head but it looks a little on the small side because of all the weights sessions he's obviously done. Common syndrome with bodybuilders. You can put muscle on pretty much everywhere except your head. When he retires and returns to a more normal body shape, any perception of microcephalia (like that? thanks! That's actually the medical term) will fall by the wayside.

(sigh) Can't believe I just typed that. Gonna be a long summer on BF. 2016 season can't come soon enough.

Sorry for intruding but I also do not want to see Sinkers in red & white:). It will take a bit of getting used to. You have landed a good one here as he has a heart as big as Phar-Lap. Will give his all. I'm just sorry to see him go.
It's going to be funny seeing Jetta in the blue and yellow too. I have a feeling that he is going to excel at WC. Not happy Jan.

Like that analysis SouthSwans. Mobile, that's the word with Sinclair.

With Reid and Franklin hopefully back, we start to look genuinely potent up front. Also hoping we'll see further development from such as Heeney, Towers and B.Jack, and get a couple of good kids in the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back