Welcome to the Bulldogs Nick Coffield

Remove this Banner Ad

image.png

Welcome home.

Plays a bit like Ed Richards?

I can't really remember him play. Apparently had a good final against us in that random covid year.

Hopefully stays injury free 🙏🙏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was real keen on him in his draft year but the saints picked him literally the pick before us. It worked out alright as we picked up Naughton (9) and Richards (14) instead and got him for some bread and milk a few years later.
Got him so cheap because right now his stocks couldnt be lower, having said that its not like he has had multiple knees. Just the one knee, one month before 2022 season meaning he had an interrupted 2023 season due to no preseason. Most importantly finished last year fit and will be ready to go from day 1, just need to get a full pre season into him and he is a walk up start.

192cm, solid build, quick for size and evasive but most importantly loves an intercept and can defend first.

Here is draft profile from draft year for some context.

O’Donnell, Richards, Coffield, Dale, Busslinger is the nucleus of a good backline long term.

Debut game. About 60 seconds in kicks his first goal.
Team mates get around him, but big hug in there from one Josh Bruce.
Then a shot of his family in the crowd - suspect they're happy with the move!

Great low cost , medium risk pick up with potential high upside. Good work by Sam Power to identify a good opportunity and get it done for a bag of chips.
Hopefully he has some luck with his body and plays a lot of great footy for the Dogs.

Very happy with this pickup.

Thought he was really good in 2020, showed a lot of upside as an interceptor and rebounder. Had a slightly down 2021 and has had two injury riddled years since.

Think he walks into our best 22 if he can stay fit. Am very excited to see him in our colours and hopefully he plays a lot of games for us.

Haven’t been on the board much in the past week, but this is good news imo. I think the ceiling of this kid is pretty high, let’s hope he gets a decent run at it.

Really happy we have brought him in. Obviously a lot of talent and hopefully he can have a good run with injury and build some continuity now. Good age bracket and size also so should be able to play a few roles for us.

Mates with Baz too so even if there's a 1% chance it settles Bailey a bit more, just an added bonus...

Anyone know if he still has his pace and athleticism? I think he played the last few VFL games this year? Could be a steal
I watched him play at Sandringham late in the year. He was very good - assured with the ball, made good decisions, good sound kicking technique.
As others have said, he was taken the pick before Naughton so early wraps on him were very good. Grew up a Bulldogs supporter for whatever that is worth.
I have mates that are Saints supporters that rate him highly and were just waiting for him to get over his injuries because he is an AFL level quality player.

Plays a bit like Ed Richards?

I can't really remember him play. Apparently had a good final against us in that random covid year.

Hopefully stays injury free 🙏🙏
Has nowhere near the legspeed or power through the core that Ed has, and that was before the injuries. Someone else higher up on here labelled him quick. He isn't quick for the AFL.

He's got some nice qualities that could work, and cost nothing, but I suspect some expectations need to be tempered slightly.

Not an instant IN to a lot of afl teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back