List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Alex Witherden.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it too early to say we got him for a steal? Because after watching him play tonight I think we got him for a farking steal!

Haha yeah, his kicking was off the top shelf and very impressive debut ..

Jets would have been pleased to see the No 23 replacement pin pointing targets ..

Very impressive game. Good to have some pressure on the backs like Cole, Nelson and Rotham. Would love to see if he could push on to a wing if Duggan doesn't move there.
Gotta be impressed with all those you mentioned. Future back line looks solid.

The word has been about him being unaccountable but saw him lay a couple of great tackles tonight, and at least mixed-up the kick ins a bit too. Really liked what I saw.

Also he went crazy hard diving to spoil a mark. He didnt make it but he hit that contest hard and made them earn the kick.

At one stage I was impressed with Witho's decision not to try a kick that wasnt on. He looked, thought about pulling the trigger, stopped as it was too risky and instead went l9ng downthe LEFT wing for a safer option.

That is where he needs to develop, decision making. When to go and when to play safe.

In the 1st when he had 3 kick ins in a row and they all went to the same spot & came back again, I thought this bloke aint that good. He really improved after that though.

Yeah was very defensive early and it didn't work. Getting a mark at 45m out from our defending goal from a kick out is a fantastic spot to end up

Also he went crazy hard diving to spoil a mark. He didnt make it but he hit that contest hard and made them earn the kick.

At one stage I was impressed with Witho's decision not to try a kick that wasnt on. He looked, thought about pulling the trigger, stopped as it was too risky and instead went l9ng downthe LEFT wing for a safer option.

That is where he needs to develop, decision making. When to go and when to play safe.

At only 22 he has a bright future ahead of him with us.

Rare to have such good footskills the decision making will only improve with games under his belt, I have no doubt that he will improve big time.

Kid has some composure about him and thats another real asset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or they just enjoy having commentary with the game?

Not for me personally, but who cares how others enjoy the game?

No need to be a flog about it tbh

It seems disagreeing with you is what constitutes one a flog. Meh.

loved the oohing and ahhing from the crowd when he was taking his kicks. such a creative weapon by foot. doesn't look out of place at all.

At only 22 he has a bright future ahead of him with us.

Rare to have such good footskills the decision making will only improve with games under his belt, I have no doubt that he will improve big time.

Kid has some composure about him and thats another real asset.

It was good that he had to wait a few games. Settle in, earn some respect.

He is just realising how right he was coming across to play our style. Look up at the targets ahead of him. If he can play back and one day add a rotation off a wing kicking into our foward 50 that would be massive.

Last edited:
As Alex's sponsor this year I think it is OUTRAGEOUS that he has had to wait until round 5 to get a game. It's about damn time Simmo gave him a game.

West Coast by 89 points.
As alex’s sponsor i cfb you missed out on this gimmee:

CE54BEC4-E753-495F-86C9-D6EA1A73C46C.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back