List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Jack Petruccelle

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit soft.He has a quick look and if its too hard he waits rather than going hard and halving the contest.
Haven't seen the Brisbane game yet but he did the opposite of this a couple of times against St Kilda. In fact he got first hands on the ball in at least six stoppages. Does need to do it more consistently though

So
Haven't seen the Brisbane game yet but he did the opposite of this a couple of times against St Kilda. In fact he got first hands on the ball in at least six stoppages. Does need to do it more consistently though

Some impressive work in there. Needs to be persisted with in that role.

I am liking Petch in the mid role. A lot of good teams have players who can cycle between the forward line and the midfield - we severely lack that capability. We already know he has enough goal scoring nous, if he can develop into a solid rotation through the midfield that makes us way more dynamic.

I know Petch has plenty of detractors on this forum, for some reason he seems to evoke a visceral reaction in some. If that's you, and you feel the need to quote me in reply, welcome to my ignore list.

I quite like what I have seen of him in the midfield and hope we persist with him there for the rest of the year. Regardless, he isn't being delisted this year and offers far more than many others on our list (even if we all wish for more - which may never come).

Similar to Jamaine Jones last year, he's shown an impressive improvement when given another role.

He's moved to the keeper list for now.

He'll be 25 next season, its worth persisting if can can continue producing to this level for 3-4 seasons.

He's also a victim of everyone being injured. In reality, in a good team, he's somehwereb between 18th and 30th on the list. As it is he's a guaranteed walk up for a game at the moment because we have no one fit.

We need to avoid Melbourne of the 2000's who cut the entire 15ht to 30th group on their list and paid the price. A handful of injuries and you're playing kids who just aren't ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack's last 5 games. Anyone want to hazard a guess how many games in his career prior to these 5 games he had 15 or more touches in a game?
View attachment 1734057

/4. Thats the answer. So this is a dramatic shift, and one I'd like to see explored a bit more.

This is impressive, future captains material here. 5 year contract. Superstar!!!

He does give us a different look when he plays in the middle. A rare upside for the year.

As much as Gaff, Sheed and to a lesser extent Witho, have gone backwards and become liabilities I think Petch has stepped forwarded and lifted his game.
He has impressed me the past couple of weeks. I was very much in the thinking he was a waste of talent and not worth holding onto but he seems to be coming into his own playing more on ball and up the ground.
With how he is playing now plus a fit JJ and Hunt that is some good weapons to have.

It's a Tom Swift like run at the moment.

In all seriousness, not saying should give long contract or anything like that. Just that there are a fair few in front of him to be cut, and that the new midfield role is showing something.

I hear you but if the club is putting any faith in a player thats been on the list for 6 years and is still not a certain first 22 player in the worst side in Footy history then it's time to move on. We know they won't move on but they should.

I hear you but if the club is putting any faith in a player thats been on the list for 6 years and is still not a certain first 22 player in the worst side in Footy history then it's time to move on. We know they won't move on but they should.
Trouble is I can name at least 15+ players i'd delist/move on, before him.
The definitive Happy Mastenator list of players on the Eagles list who i think we could cut this year without it coming back to bite us from youngest to oldest (super young players have been kept for now but Baker, Dewar and Winder all probably belong here). Noting that obviously we can't/won't drop all of these at once for a range of reasons, including contractual status, can't replace 15+ players at once etc.,

Trew
Ledwards
Hedwards
Xon
Jameison
Foley
West
Witho
Waterman
Rotham
SPS
Clark
Gaff
Shuey
Hurn

I'd probably add Nic Nat to the list.

Players like Dom Sheed are going nowhere. Cripps,. McGovern, Darling are aging out in due course, but don't need to be flicked just yet.

Trouble is I can name at least 15+ players i'd delist/move on, before him.

Christ the list is in a bad way, some of those I think are better than we have seen but have been badly developed. Either way when you are discussing that a play like Petch looks a lock for a contract then you really are in worse shape than any club in history. Just a disaster.

Christ the list is in a bad way, some of those I think are better than we have seen but have been badly developed. Either way when you are discussing that a play like Petch looks a lock for a contract then you really are in worse shape than any club in history. Just a disaster.
It's worse than that. Petch is now our most dynamic stoppage player.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back