List Mgmt. Welcome Tom Hickey (Traded w/ Pick 60 for Pick 39 in 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

He will be really good for you IMO, has been underrated at the Saints and think we'll regret trading him.

He also has a very meme-worthy head.

146807.jpg

Goodbye, my friend.

Three years is reasonable, basically just makes him what Lycett was - a guy who can be primary ruck if Nic Nat is hurt but also is solid doing about 30-40% of the ruck work and spending the rest of the time up forward or on the bench. Should be good for another 3-4 years too, not that old. Pushes Vardy back to the role that was intended when he was acquired - basically to be the third ruck option in case either of the first two were unavailable.

View attachment 571736 Enjoy old Crazy Eyes Hickey, hopefully you can get the best out of him. He’s a bloody character.

Christ I just watched his interview and came here to say exactly that.

'I don't have to be scared of Naitanui anymore, I used to dread the flight over'.

We got ourselves a real warrior here folks.

This guy is very underrated guys.
He knows how to run. God knows what the saints did to him.
He suits you perfectly. And age aside, is probably 1/2 the price of lycett.

Win.

I think they're only a year or so apart and they've both played the same amount of games. Ruckmen really do take forever, Nic Nat taking out AA at 22 was a major exception, if only his body held up better.

The Saints paid pick 13 for Hickey, so you'd hope there's something there.

hopefully our coaches can get the best out of him, look at what vardy has become

Exactly, the guy's played for GC and St. Kilda, when both were terrible. He's never really had a shot.

And our medicos seem to be top-notch, especially given the wear and tear of travel etc.

Speaking of, do medical expenses come under the football spend cap?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good deal for both teams. I'm happy to get a late 2nd for him, and you guys get a solid experienced ruck to replace Lycett and fill in for Naitanui while he's out for the year. Win-win hopefully.

He's a pretty bad ruckman. He's weak and gets bullied in the ruck contest, and as a result gives away a ton of annoying needless free kicks (2nd most frees against per game in the comp this year.) Can't play forward well either, we tried that in the past.

But he's fairly decent around the ground, a bit of a gangly type but moves around pretty well still. Gets a bit of the ball, can take a nice grab and for some reason manages to get a lot of clearances, 4.5 per game this year which is a very good number for a midfielder let alone a ruckman. I imagine playing in a good team will help as well, good luck to him.

He will be really good for you IMO, has been underrated at the Saints and think we'll regret trading him.

146807.jpg

Goodbye, my friend.
Oh shit. I always wondered who was in your avatar.

Good deal for both teams. I'm happy to get a late 2nd for him, and you guys get a solid experienced ruck to replace Lycett and fill in for Naitanui while he's out for the year. Win-win hopefully.

He's a pretty bad ruckman. He's weak and gets bullied in the ruck contest, and as a result gives away a ton of annoying needless free kicks (2nd most frees against per game in the comp this year.) Can't play forward well either, we tried that in the past.

But he's fairly decent around the ground, a bit of a gangly type but moves around pretty well still. Gets a bit of the ball, can take a nice grab and for some reason manages to get a lot of clearances, 4.5 per game this year which is a very good number for a midfielder let alone a ruckman. I imagine playing in a good team will help as well, good luck to him.

A summer in Perth will get him fit....our guys are fit because they do pre season in 42 degrees for months.....

If you look at our history we’ve always been able to develope big guys reasonably well...cox, Gardiner (probably had the most talent) ....Sinclair developed well ....Nic Nat ....vardy

His role will be to simply compete hard .....create 50-50 contests so our mids can do their thing.

What kinds of free kicks does he give away? Surely that won’t happen at the Eagles :moustache:

146807.jpg

Goodbye, my friend.
We love him already :rainbow:

70550870-69EC-4651-9999-F633163D17FC.png 43F67DFF-4866-4899-A48A-023B086A7E04.jpeg

I get the feeling that he has some big fans at West Coast.

We gave him a 3 year contract (and that might be on top of his remaining year!), which is usually reserved for best 22 players.

It also sounds like St. Kilda wanted to trade him but didn't really need to field offers. We just blew their socks off.

I have faith in him. If his issue is that he get pushed around easily, he might just need time in the gym. Ruckmen often don't grow into their bodies until their late 20s anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back