List Mgmt. Welcome Tom Hickey

Remove this Banner Ad

I strongly doubt Nic Nat plays next season

And if he does manage to get himself right at the very end of next season, is he neccesarily a walk up starter if the club is doing really well?

We know that he is prodigiously talented, but, i have long held concerns about having a bloke on the field that can effectively only play half a game of football every week. Particularly if, by comparison, you have a good midfield and a pair of competent ruckman that can run out almost a full game each. That was effectively a winning formula for us this year

If we win the flag next year without Nic, it might almost be worth someone doing a thread regarding Nic Nat and the "Ewing Effect" (If you are unfamiliar with it, look it up)

If Nic is fit, he is in the team every day of the week. Have you already forgotten the '10 game' win stream. That was mostly Nic's doing.

Now that Nic has shown that he can go down at any stage, we just need to play him at every opportunity and get as many games out of him as possible. No more cotton wool - just get out there.

Same here!! Left footer, right hander

I sometimes wonder whether I’m meant to be left handed but the government, media and corporations forced me to use my right hand as a child
Ive got a bit of an idea what youve been doing with that right hand!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So does anyone have any info on Hickey? How is he as a player? Is he any good, or is he gonna be a no-name ruck who is turfed out of the side when Nic recovers?

Can he kick goals? Take contested marks?

And if he does manage to get himself right at the very end of next season, is he neccesarily a walk up starter if the club is doing really well?
If he is fit he plays.
If we win the flag next year without Nic, it might almost be worth someone doing a thread regarding Nic Nat and the "Ewing Effect" (If you are unfamiliar with it, look it up)

We are MUCH better with him in the team.

If he is fit he plays.

We are MUCH better with him in the team.

I agree, IF, he plays 70-80% of game time.

Which he wont be.

I don't think you can have passengers in modern football playing half a game every week, irrespective of how talented they are, but thats just my opinion

I agree, IF, he plays 70-80% of game time.

Which he wont be.

I don't think you can have passengers in modern football playing half a game every week, irrespective of how talented they are, but thats just my opinion
I get where you are going with this but imo Nic Nat is the closest thing to an unfair advantage in AFL. Is basically a guaranteed momentum shift.

OES when you show up again, sum up Tom Hickey for us please.
burningdwarf has him on his avatar and I always thought it was jack Steven.

He’s a pretty good ruckman but his real strength is around the grounds. His main weakness is his unaccountability. His game against Essendon in late 2017 (when our season and indeed the next few started to crumble) was putrid.

Occasionally he’ll pull one out of the box. I rate this similar to Luke ball leaving. Not sad to see him go; we will miss him; wish him all the best.

burningdwarf has him on his avatar and I always thought it was jack Steven.

He’s a pretty good ruckman but his real strength is around the grounds. His main weakness is his unaccountability. His game against Essendon in late 2017 (when our season and indeed the next few started to crumble) was putrid.

Occasionally he’ll pull one out of the box. I rate this similar to Luke ball leaving. Not sad to see him go; we will miss him; wish him all the best.
I always thought it was some sort of crazy dwarf, but the more you know.

On a scale of ruckmen who agilely move around the ground from Sandilands at 0 to Dean Cox at 10, where would you put his mobility?

I always thought it was some sort of crazy dwarf, but the more you know.

On a scale of ruckmen who agilely move around the ground from Sandilands at 0 to Dean Cox at 10, where would you put his mobility?
Six or seven. Not agile but not a lumbering is either. Like I said around the ground is his strength.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back