List Mgmt. Welcome Tom Hickey

Remove this Banner Ad

Vardy played 25 games in 7 seasons at Geelong and was considered nothing short of wasted potential.

Since then, in 2 years with West Coast he's played 32 games and won a flag.

I'm going to back Hickey in :eyes:
Tbf to Geelong, it was injuries that prevented him playing more games. He looked bloody good in the games he did play. I remember thinking Vardy combining with Hawkins was going to be unstoppable.

Hopefully the club use Vardy as an example of how they've turned the fortunes around and got the most of out players from other teams.

Redden and Vardy both played career best footy last year :rainbow:

^ That's the sort of thing you pitch when you're trying to lure an interstate player, particularly one struck with injuries.

Tbf to Geelong, it was injuries that prevented him playing more games. He looked bloody good in the games he did play. I remember thinking Vardy combining with Hawkins was going to be unstoppable.
They don't seem to be able to manage and develop ruckmen.

Consider Mumford was an absolute shittruck at Geelong. Smith's potential seems to have vanished. Even Stanley looked better at St Kilda.

Seems a good time to bump.

Performance so far is better than I had hoped. Looks to handle the sharing of the ruck very well and his work around the ground and forward is very good so far.

Really liking this pick up, particularly with Vardy having his injuries for most of his life. To think no other team wanted him and the Saints are now looking to poach the bombers young ruck who had never played, it's pretty crazy.

Performance so far is better than I had hoped. Looks to handle the sharing of the ruck very well and his work around the ground and forward is very good so far.

Really liking this pick up, particularly with Vardy having his injuries for most of his life. To think no other team wanted him and the Saints are now looking to poach the bombers young ruck who had never played, it's pretty crazy.
He is a much better mark than vardy and his constant almost marks .

Also sticking hickey in the goal square ( ala degoey ) will require a good tall defenders attention .

Thanks for the service Nathan and that last quarter goal in the GF will live on forever but you've been overtaken.

Hope Thickey joins him in also becoming a premiership player.

Edit - funnily enough Channel 10 news report just played a short interview with him. He's looking forward to possibly playing finals for the first time in his career. Glad we could help you out there Tom.

He's such a gem.

"I still feel a bit weird when guys talk about finals coming and not booking holidays in September," he said.

"I think we've come ninth once in my career. I'm just loving showing up on a Monday with a smile on your face because we know we've put in a good effort on the weekend.

"I'd love to be part of a finals series. I'd just love to be part of a team week in, week out winning games."

He is a much better mark than vardy and his constant almost marks .

Also sticking hickey in the goal square ( ala degoey ) will require a good tall defenders attention .
Thanks for the service Nathan and that last quarter goal in the GF will live on forever but you've been overtaken.

Hope Thickey joins him in also becoming a premiership player.

Edit - funnily enough Channel 10 news report just played a short interview with him. He's looking forward to possibly playing finals for the first time in his career. Glad we could help you out there Tom.
hehe I loved the shade he threw at the Saints in his interview today.
He's such a gem.

"I still feel a bit weird when guys talk about finals coming and not booking holidays in September," he said.

"I think we've come ninth once in my career. I'm just loving showing up on a Monday with a smile on your face because we know we've put in a good effort on the weekend.

"I'd love to be part of a finals series. I'd just love to be part of a team week in, week out winning games."

Link to Video:

Hard not to love the big fella. Speaks so well, pretty humble and seems genuinely grateful to be at the club and getting a chance to show his wares. Nice to see a bloke in the system for this many years seem so wide-eyed.

giphy.gif

If Vardy is able to find some form, he still a better option than Hickey IMO. Thats said Vardy this season has been putrid and has a challenge on his hand.

hopefully he goes back to WAFL and regains some form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Thanks Vardy. Live forever.

Well done workman Hickey and perfect partner for NN against Grundy. Go Tom

If Vardy is able to find some form, he still a better option than Hickey IMO. Thats said Vardy this season has been putrid and has a challenge on his hand.

hopefully he goes back to WAFL and regains some form.

Why?

Nic's just two games back from a second knee reco, and we'll need a proper second ruckman to compensate for his low TOG. The Hickster is already superior in that regard, and he's improved his forward craft quite a bit (on track to break his career best of goals in a season). Vardy is an absolute legend and helped us win a premiership, but we're talking about the GOAT here - there's just no comparison.

Why?

Nic's just two games back from a second knee reco, and we'll need a proper second ruckman to compensate for his low TOG. The Hickster is already superior in that regard, and he's improved his forward craft quite a bit (on track to break his career best of goals in a season). Vardy is an absolute legend and helped us win a premiership, but we're talking about the GOAT here - there's just no comparison.
I'm not saying now. 1. Vards is injured, 2. He doesn't have the form

IMO Vards structurally as a forward is better option once Nic nats starts playing +60% TOG.

That said, Hickey played a very good game as a forward last week.

Unless Hickey has a Vardy like drop in form or gets injured, then we shouldn't bring Vardy back at all IMO. He's done enough to keep that second ruck spot for the season

Hopefully he becomes the the second st Kilda ruckman this decade to be traded to the reigning premier and end up a dual premiership player

Think he’s settling into the club nicely and is proving to be a decent Robin. Seems like a pretty likeable bloke and it’d be nice to see him enjoy the team success that’s eluded him so far in his carerr

Was a guest on last weeks backchat podcast which is worth a listen as always.

Hopefully he becomes the the second st Kilda ruckman this decade to be traded to the reigning premier and end up a dual premiership player

Think he’s settling into the club nicely and is proving to be a decent Robin. Seems like a pretty likeable bloke and it’d be nice to see him enjoy the team success that’s eluded him so far in his carerr

Was a guest on last weeks backchat podcast which is worth a listen as always.
Agree with you Keysy.He seems a very humble guy.He is also cracking in at the coalface and giving us an extra big body in there.Another great steal by WCs recruiters.

Link to Video:

Hard not to love the big fella. Speaks so well, pretty humble and seems genuinely grateful to be at the club and getting a chance to show his wares. Nice to see a bloke in the system for this many years seem so wide-eyed.

He reminds me of my Kelpie, has crazy eyes!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back